Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    In episode 2, they already cashed it, I think. That's why he has the bag of money. See, it's not easy to follow lol. The accents aren't a big deal for me, since I have babies in the house, I'm forced to watch everything with closed captioning on.
    I had thought the bag of money was perhaps because he borrowed it from some unseen loanshark. Because the guy who claimed the horse said he would "have" the money, and the guy in the wheelchair said he didn't want a big to-do, like getting photographed.

Maybe they are trying to keep a low profile because of the taxman?
    They would have had to pay taxes automatically upon collection.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      They would have had to pay taxes automatically upon collection.
      Ah ... we don't pay any taxes on gambling winnings. You used to have the option to pay tax on the stake or the winnings. They changed that, simplified things, and just taxed the bookies.

Now they are looking to make sure that these offshore bookmakers are not getting away with murder in their tax havens by changing the law to make the bet taxable from where it was placed, not where it was received. Therefore a bet placed in Britain, even to an offshore based site, would mean that the Site has to pay the UK exchequer. I think a very good proposal.

Comment

• Just through book 1 of A Song of Fire and Ice ... remarkable adaptation. Perfect casting.

Just realized that Cersei Lannister was also Sarah Connor:

Bronn was one half of the atrocious Robson & Jerome (actors turned crooner duo from the 90's):

Theon Greyjoy is Lilly Allen's brother:

Grand Maester Pycelle was the turncoat archaeologist from Indy and the Last Crusade:

Last edited by johnnya24; 02-10-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Robert Baratheon was the fat bloke from the Full Monty:

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            I watched the first series of Community ... it was good ... but certain UK newspapers are hailing it as the best US import comedy series ... that I don't agree with. Parks & Recreation is next on my list when I'm done with Sunny. Both Modern Family and Sunny are way better than Community IMO.
            Re-evaluation:

1. Parks and Recreation (this is genius)

2. Modern Family ~ Sunny ~ Arrested Development ~ Community

Comment

• Walking Dead returns tonight

Comment

• Jorah as Manfred Powell in Tomb Raider

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                  Walking Dead returns tonight
                  Last night was a pretty good setup for the 2nd half of season 2. Should be interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roto Rooter View Post
                    Last night was a pretty good setup for the 2nd half of season 2. Should be interesting.
                    Yeah ... looks like Walkers aren't the only problem now ... Rick channeling his inner-Clint was very nice.
                    Last edited by johnnya24; 02-13-2012, 05:17 PM.

Comment

• Still haven't seen last night's episode of The Walking Dead so please kindly and post your spoilers using white text. Thanks.

I also starte reading the first GoT book and it makes me appreciate the craftsmanship that went intoaking the TV show.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                        Still haven't seen last night's episode of The Walking Dead so please kindly and post your spoilers using white text. Thanks.

I also starte reading the first GoT book and it makes me appreciate the craftsmanship that went intoaking the TV show.
                        Halfway through book 2 now ...

Comment

Halfway through book 2 now ...
                          i restarted book 1, in anticipation of season 2...
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                            i restarted book 1, in anticipation of season 2...
                            That's what I'm trying to do but I'll never get to finish it in time. Too much damn work.

Comment

• Monster ratings for The Walking Dead ... hopefully for season 3 they green light that big budget flashback season opener that was talked about for season 2.

Apparently CBS are planning a modern reboot of Sherlock Holmes with Jonny Lee Miller ... WHY? Just team up with the BBC and turn that glorified mini-series into a proper series ... a lot cheaper and a lot less effort if you ask me ... pretty much a slam dunk.

Dotdash Meredith is America's largest digital and print publisher, with brands including PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Allrecipes, Investopedia, Verywell, and more! Learn about career opportunities, our leadership team, and how we can help you reach audiences across our network of trusted brands.

Comment

Monster ratings for The Walking Dead ... hopefully for season 3 they green light that big budget flashback season opener that was talked about for season 2.

Apparently CBS are planning a modern reboot of Sherlock Holmes with Jonny Lee Miller ... WHY? Just team up with the BBC and turn that glorified mini-series into a proper series ... a lot cheaper and a lot less effort if you ask me ... pretty much a slam dunk.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/02/14/cbs-sherlock-holmes/
                                Rick ain't ****ing around.

Comment

Working...
                                X