No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Geeks has the Night Manager right now, I caught an ep of Vinyl on the road, looked good to me......I'd love to watch Billions, just off the podcast "The Moment' from Brian Koppleman (the guy that wrote and directed Rounders)
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Strong rumours that Tom Hiddleston (Night Manager) will be the next James Bond.

Comment

• Also, Trapped has been a pretty big hit on BBC4 (the BBC's art channel). It's an Icelandic Nordic Noir style mystery. I'll probably have to find time for this also. Fargo meets The Killing ... sounds pretty damn good to me.

Trapped

#TooManyShows

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I highly recommend The Expanse (SciFy) ... especially if you like hard serious sci fi (not to be confused with Halle Berry's The Extant). The cast is terrific, and they actually overcome all of the shortcomings of the novels - all the ropy dialogue is gone. It's in the same League as Battlestar Galactica IMO ... though only time will tell if it stays there.

I binged through all 10 episodes in 2 evenings.

Big

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              I don't know if I mentioned this already, but I highly recommend The Expanse (SciFy) ... especially if you like hard serious sci fi (not to be confused with Halle Berry's The Extant). The cast is terrific, and they actually overcome all of the shortcomings of the novels - all the ropy dialogue is gone. It's in the same League as Battlestar Galactica IMO ... though only time will tell if it stays there.

I binged through all 10 episodes in 2 evenings.

Big
              yep, the Expanse is great
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Maybe these are strong words, but Vinyl is the best show on TV right now. And it's a very strong field!
                Just binge watched the first 6 episodes of Vinyl ... brilliant.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                  Just binge watched the first 6 episodes of Vinyl ... brilliant.
                  3 of my friends have watched this and all have not really cared for it.
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Is there any way to keep track of what NetFlix has at any given time?

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Is there any way to keep track of what NetFlix has at any given time?

J
                      Yeah there are numerous websites that do this (for movies and TV shows) ... but I don't use them ... should be pretty easy to google.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                        3 of my friends have watched this and all have not really cared for it.
                        Time for some new friends

Comment

J
                          What are you looking for? Netflix originals or any tv series they have?

Comment

J
                            instantwatcher.com is what i use...
                            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Archer Returns tomorrow!

Last edited by heyelander; 03-30-2016, 01:59 PM.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Ah, and while I'm at it... Archer reviews all the Bond movies. Selected movies in the Video, all movies in the interview link below.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X