Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    Saw that the complete box set of Oz was reduced to £30 at the local HMV.

It is worth watching? Has some good reviews. I watched the first episode a long time ago and it didn't really click at the time.
    I enjoyed it, though I also was watching because my good friends hubby played Schillinger so that was cool. But that aside, it was a good watch.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Saw that the complete box set of Oz was reduced to £30 at the local HMV.

It is worth watching? Has some good reviews. I watched the first episode a long time ago and it didn't really click at the time.
      First few seasons were excellent. Later on it weakened.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yep, same here...and by 'soap opera' I mean a guaranteed murder in every episode.
        Yeah, agreed. And usually that murder was the character they just introduced. One would think that after a few of these killings, the experimental facility that emphasized rehabilitation would've been shut down......

Comment

• walking dead video game.

Comment

• Coen Brothers are to bring Fargo to the small screen ... if they are hands-on and can get Francis McDormand to star I'm 100% in. I'm now extremely sceptical about this Exec Producer role that is being used on billboards to flog anything. Spielberg and Abrams are cashing in on it big time, and the end product is generally filth.

I'm not sure this works without McDormand, and judging from past interviews I've seen, I don't see her doing this. Then again I don't see the Coen Brothers as the types to sell out their art for a quick buck. This is my favorite CB film ... so I hope they don't make an arse of it.

Joel and Ethan Coen to bring Oscar-winning film to the small screen, continuing the story of police chief Marge Gunderson

The Coen brothers are to bring their Oscar-winning film Fargo to the small screen, Deadline reports.

Joel and Ethan Coen will oversee the TV series, which will be in the one-hour episode format, as executive producers. Fargo, which was released in 1996, marked an early foray for the siblings into Academy award-winning territory: the Coens won best original screenplay and Frances McDormand was named best actress for her role as pregnant police chief Marge Gunderson. The film was also nominated in a further five categories.
            Coen Brothers moving into TV land. That's gotta be a good thing ... and a sign of how times have changed over the last 10 years.

Comment

Coen Brothers are to bring Fargo to the small screen ... if they are hands-on and can get Francis McDormand to star I'm 100% in. I'm now extremely sceptical about this Exec Producer role that is being used on billboards to flog anything. Spielberg and Abrams are cashing in on it big time, and the end product is generally filth.

I'm not sure this works without McDormand, and judging from past interviews I've seen, I don't see her doing this. Then again I don't see the Coen Brothers as the types to sell out their art for a quick buck. This is my favorite CB film ... so I hope they don't make an arse of it.

Joel and Ethan Coen to bring Oscar-winning film to the small screen, continuing the story of police chief Marge Gunderson

Coen Brothers moving into TV land. That's gotta be a good thing ... and a sign of how times have changed over the last 10 years.
              Dude, she's married to Joel, so Id guess they know if she'll do,it or not
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                Dude, she's married to Joel, so Id guess they know if she'll do,it or not
                That never occurred to me. He better get his Christmas present right this year.

Comment

• You betchya I love me some Marge Gunderson

I thought they totally nailed the Steve Buscemi description.

Comment

• Frances is from my hometown.

My sister-in-law was married to Frances' brother for about 6 months or so back in the late 70's.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Can someone else watch episode 2 of Revolution and tell me if it gets any better

Comment

Can someone else watch episode 2 of Revolution and tell me if it gets any better
                        My DVR forgot to tape it so I missed th first 20 minutes... That being said, it was about the same in quality - if you liked the pilot, you'll like it still, but if you didn't, there was nothing different or better here. It was somewhat slower paced than the pilot, but I think that's a good thing. There was a bit too much crammed into the first episode.

I watched the two new FOX comedies today. Ben and Kate, I thought, was awful. Annoying characters, especially Ben. The Mindy Project seems to have more potential. Nothing great just yet, but at least I can see it being funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          My DVR forgot to tape it so I missed th first 20 minutes... That being said, it was about the same in quality - if you liked the pilot, you'll like it still, but if you didn't, there was nothing different or better here. It was somewhat slower paced than the pilot, but I think that's a good thing. There was a bit too much crammed into the first episode.

I watched the two new FOX comedies today. Ben and Kate, I thought, was awful. Annoying characters, especially Ben. The Mindy Project seems to have more potential. Nothing great just yet, but at least I can see it being funny.
                          As my wife and I were watching Ben and Kate, she says I don't like any of the characters. I have to agree with her, pretty bad. I like comedies so I will give it one or two more chances before pulling the plug. I did find the scene in the car where Ben was trying to swear but not swear pretty funny. Then again that was the trailer so I saw it about 5 times before the actual show aired.

We did watch Revolution after I read the reviews in here. We found it better than some of you. Not a top show, but certainly watchable. The second show was about the same as the first. I will say that the previews for next week got my attention. They did their job because I do want to see what happens.

Comment

Coen Brothers are to bring Fargo to the small screen ... if they are hands-on and can get Francis McDormand to star I'm 100% in. I'm now extremely sceptical about this Exec Producer role that is being used on billboards to flog anything. Spielberg and Abrams are cashing in on it big time, and the end product is generally filth.

Fargo came out in 1996 McDormand was 38. She was great. At 55 would we still buy her chasing the bad guys? Maybe.I will watch it either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              Fargo came out in 1996 McDormand was 38. She was great. At 55 would we still buy her chasing the bad guys? Maybe.I will watch it either way.
                              It's not like she was chasing them that much in the original movie, being 8 months pregnant and all that

Comment

• DVRed Castle and Hawaii 5O at the same time as Revolution, so I didn't see it. I'll probably try to see if it's OnDemand over the weekend. If not, oh well.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X