No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserving judgement on American Gods and Twin Peaks. I'm really tired when watching TV lately, and these aren't shows that suit casual nap-watching.

Comment

• GLOW on Netflix has been great.

I think Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt has jumped the shark.

Comment

• Finished off season one of The Handmaid's Tale yesterday. Dark, dark stuff.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          jeez, the life altering great season that all the critics praise is still boring enough to fall asleep to? I find myself reading crap on my ipad during season 1 and i keep having to ask my wife what those idiots in white wrote since I wasnt looking.
          No, CB you missed the part were I said, I didn't fall asleep because of the show, I'm just tired!

I finished it over the weekend and was kind of pleased with the conclusion. Since its only, like, 28 episodes, its worth watching until the end. It ended where it should have, though as I was probably losing interest at the end of season two. Glad I stuck with it. It wrapped pretty much everything up fairly well.
          I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• I am a big fan of Forged in Fire.

It will cut! It will Keell!!
            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
              I am a big fan of Forged in Fire.

Yeah, I kinda like this show too and when I see it's on I usually get sucked in.

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
                I am a big fan of Forged in Fire.

I love that show. Started watching it a few months ago, and I've now seen them all, more than once. It is just like Chopped (by design), but way more awesome. I like it so much, I looked up some of the competitors, to see if I could afford their wares (most make a living making kitchen knives). I can't justify spending $400+ on a chef's knife, as I am not a hardcore cook, but man, are they beautiful--just amazing Damascus patterns from Maureko Maumasi: https://www.maumasifirearts.com/

Also, Doug Marcaida is not a guy you want to run into in a dark ally. He is a baad man. He has tons of Yountube videos--fun to watch some.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 06-27-2017, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
                  No, CB you missed the part were I said, I didn't fall asleep because of the show, I'm just tired!
                  I've never been tired enough to fall asleep during a good tv show so I dont believe you.
                  "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• you can watch the mist (old stephen king story) on spiketv.com for free. im not a king fan but i love that story. i used to have the video game for the apple2. i'd always get out of the supermarket and hardware store next door, but when i got to the playground i always died. the movie was good too. the woman that played mrs carmody did awesome.

Comment

• Buckle up!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Is Curb going to have the original cast? YeahhhH!

Comment

• I've been really enjoying Ozark. Great cast.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I've been really enjoying Ozark. Great cast.
                            Just finished Ozark (Netflix) ... pleasantly surprised. Would definitely recommend.

Comment

• I highly, highly doubt that any of you guys watched "Scream Queens". I loved it. Found it hilarious and a great homage to any number of genres. And the music they used was so damn cool.

Commence the witted barbs at my expense
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                I highly, highly doubt that any of you guys watched "Scream Queens". I loved it. Found it hilarious and a great homage to any number of genres. And the music they used was so damn cool.

Commence the witted barbs at my expense
                                I liked it for the most part. I liked it better than AHC even since it doesnt take itself seriously at all. I can see how many people would find it annoying though.

Comment

Working...
                                X