Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Do people still watch shows when they air? I think the Walking Dead is the only show I watch on the day it airs but that's cause I usually have nothing going on on Sundays and even then I wait until the DVR has about 20 minutes of the show so I can fast forward through the commercials. I think that might be only show I can tell you with certainty what day it airs.
    I'm with you, I don't even watch sports live, I pause for a couple of minutes so that I don't have to watch any commercials. Radio or in person is my only live sports experience
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      I'm with you, I don't even watch sports live, I pause for a couple of minutes so that I don't have to watch any commercials. Radio or in person is my only live sports experience
      I don't do that with sports, I'd rather watch in real time.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Yeah, I'm watching DVR for nearly everything. I'll do something else for 20 minutes to get ahead even if I want to watch something while it's on.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          wow, that was pretty brutal....I kept saying "now stomp him, now stomp him"....
          They followed that scene up with : Three Weeks Earlier...

One of the neat things about the show is knowing how it is going to end (this is all prequal to the manhunter/red dragon/silence of the lambs stories) but being puzzled by how we are going to get there.

Comment

• Been watching Nurse Jackie ... quite good actually. Was looking for something light, but not too light ... this fits the bill nicely. It's actually a really interesting study of addiction.

Comment

• Hannibal moves from on the bubble to probable renew on tvbythenumbers

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Hannibal moves from on the bubble to probable renew on tvbythenumbers
                That's a relief. A part of me hopes they wrap it up next series so the story has a resolution.

Comment

• i was trying to think back to silence of the lambs this last episode to see if they ever mentioned where Will was... He was alive in Manhunter after Lecter was already in jail, but i don't know where he was by the time Silence takes place...

then again (spoiler if you aren't caught up with episodes):
                  Spoiler!

edit: spoiler from IMDB rumors
                  Spoiler!
                  Last edited by heyelander; 04-15-2014, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• First episode of Fargo was excellent. Original movie was from 1996. This series is based on real events in Minnesota from 2006, in the style of Fargo. I think I have a vague memory of reading about these events when they happened, because there was a corollary with the movie. Don't recall any details though.

We're being spoiled lately ... first Rectify, then True Detective, now Fargo. Maybe we can call this Minnesota Gothic?

Comment

• c'mon, without a Jersey angle any series is doomed!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        c'mon, without a Jersey angle any series is doomed!

Turn has started impressively also. Pretty sure that's also set in or around Jersey. You might have a point.

Also, lots of Ulster-Scots accents ... pretty much what you still get here in Northern Ireland.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                          Turn has started impressively also. Pretty sure that's also set in or around Jersey. You might have a point.

Also, lots of Ulster-Scots accents ... pretty much what you still get here in Northern Ireland.
                          I think it was set in Long Island, chiefly, but there are some parts in Jersey.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                            I think it was set in Long Island, chiefly, but there are some parts in Jersey.
                            Yeah, the first episode was set mainly in Setauket (right next to my alma mater, Stony Brook).

Comment

• Anyone been keeping up with Agents of SHIELD? I think the show is picking up esp. after the Captain America movie. The show tied in directly with the movie so there is no plot break. I still would like to see a cameo from someone from Marvel movies. (There was a rumor that the female from Thor's group would make an appearance, but I haven't see her yet.) If you gave up on the show, you may want to check it out again.
                              拖裤子,
                              放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                                Anyone been keeping up with Agents of SHIELD? I think the show is picking up esp. after the Captain America movie. The show tied in directly with the movie so there is no plot break. I still would like to see a cameo from someone from Marvel movies. (There was a rumor that the female from Thor's group would make an appearance, but I haven't see her yet.) If you gave up on the show, you may want to check it out again.
                                Sif was in an episode that aired shortly after Thor came out in the theaters. Forgot who the villain was (Lorelei maybe?) but she was also Asgardian.

I agree that the show is definitely getting more interesting now. It kind of reminds me of when Dollhouse broke formula and became a race-against-the-apocalypse kind of show.

Comment

Working...
                                X