Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    OK, Person of Interest question. Due to traveling, DVR issues, Hurricane Sandy and the fact CBS didn't include this show in its On Demand menu, we missed all of last season. It's finally available on Netflix, but the likelihood of watching 20+ episodes now is very slim. But we do like the show.

Do we just start watching this season having missed Season 2? Or get the DVDs (probably during January), try and catch up, then get Season 3 on DVD next year? Or just give up on it altogether?
    Do whatever you can to watch the show. My wife hated the show from the get-go, but I think the second season was awesome. I vote for "Do what you can to watch them soon".
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Homeland has definitely got back to the slow burning Season 1 feel. Sadly you just know Brody is coming back, he'll get exonerated, and be back working for the CIA, then it will get ridiculous again. Should have killed him off in season 2 and kept the focus on Carrie and Saul.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I saw an interview with the head of AMC last week. Obviously it had to do with the end of BrBa, but the most interesting question was about how shows like BrBa and Mad Men (also drawing to a conclusion soon ... 2 more seasons) could have a detrimental effect on the channel in the long term as they set the bar so high that failure to maintain that height could lead to decline (AMC is a publicly traded company).

He said that Walking Dead had no ending in mind, and could continue for 10 years or more. He also said there were would be an upcoming spin off series from The Walking Dead. Presumably they plan to run some version of "The Walking Dead" all year round?

While on the one had I like the fact that The Walking Dead isn't going anywhere any time soon. It's also a fact that shows with definite end in sight, and therefore direction, turn out to be the classic shows. The one's that have no ending tend to meander and become landfill ... especially if they keep killing off their main characters.

I hope they don't turn The Walking Dead into a cash cow. Look what the ratings success of True Blood did to that series.

I dropped Hell On Wheels a while back, and Low Winter Sun didn't seem very good. Turn and Halt and Catch Fire look interesting though

http://screenrant.com/amc-turn-halt-catch-fire/
        I wonder what would be an appropriate end to The Walking Dead. They finally find an island free of zombies?
        拖裤子,
        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• BTW, Person of Interest is one of my wife and I's favorite shows. We're getting ready to watch episode 3 tonight.
          拖裤子,
          放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
            I wonder what would be an appropriate end to The Walking Dead. They finally find an island free of zombies?
            By the sounds of it, they will grow old and die of natural causes

Comment

• Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
              If they ever do decide to end it, the only way I can see it ending is with everyone becoming a zombie. Nothing in any of the seasons have ever led me to believe that there can ever be a happy ending. Hope after hope is continually crushed. I think it's the theme of the show. I could see them finding a cure and then the factory/lab is overrun with zombies before they can manufacture it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                If they ever do decide to end it, the only way I can see it ending is with everyone becoming a zombie. Nothing in any of the seasons have ever led me to believe that there can ever be a happy ending. Hope after hope is continually crushed. I think it's the theme of the show. I could see them finding a cure and then the factory/lab is overrun with zombies before they can manufacture it.
                Kirkman keeps writing the comics, so there is plenty of story to tell, although the comics are too brutal to end up on non-pay TV.....he's on triple digits already for the comics, but for example, the prison and woodbury are totally separate significant plot lines....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  I suppose it depends on how the infection originally started and if there is any other way it can spread. If it is only through biting, then it wouldn't make sense for everyone to be a zombie, because at some point they will rot away to nothing, and have fewer and fewer new replacements.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    OK, Person of Interest question. Due to traveling, DVR issues, Hurricane Sandy and the fact CBS didn't include this show in its On Demand menu, we missed all of last season. It's finally available on Netflix, but the likelihood of watching 20+ episodes now is very slim. But we do like the show.

Do we just start watching this season having missed Season 2? Or get the DVDs (probably during January), try and catch up, then get Season 3 on DVD next year? Or just give up on it altogether?
                    Season 2 was uniformly excellent and really expanded the universe created in Season 1. Season 3 doesn't make much sense if you haven't seen Season 2. And no, do not give up on it.

For those coming in completely new, you can skip the first half of Season 1 if necessary.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      I suppose it depends on how the infection originally started and if there is any other way it can spread. If it is only through biting, then it wouldn't make sense for everyone to be a zombie, because at some point they will rot away to nothing, and have fewer and fewer new replacements.

The end of season 2 has the answer to that....spoilers in white below

if you die with a functioning brain, you come back as a zombie
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                        Season 2 was uniformly excellent and really expanded the universe created in Season 1. Season 3 doesn't make much sense if you haven't seen Season 2. And no, do not give up on it.

For those coming in completely new, you can skip the first half of Season 1 if necessary.
                        I think that's about when I quit the show ... was getting bored with the Equalizer style episodes. It gets better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          The end of season 2 has the answer to that....spoilers in white below

if you die with a functioning brain, you come back as a zombie
                          Right enough ... forgot that. Getting my zombie movies/TV shows/books mixed up.

Comment

• Just caught up with last week episode of Boardwalk Empire ... damn that was tragic. So well written and constructed. They gave us the tiniest glimpse behind the curtain of this mans life ... and then ... poof. Amazing. That final scene felt so real.

Comment

• I'm watching Season 4 of "The League", which is basically "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" anchored around a fantasy football league, and with hotter chicks. Excellently mean spirited.....

Comment

• Enjoyed the first episode of Dracula. NBC are upping their game, first with the excellent Hannibal, and now this. I don't think The Blacklist is as good as I thought it would be, but it's apparently doing well in the ratings, so it may have the chance to turn things around ... I haven't completely gave up on that one yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X