No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably going to try to catch Trophy Wife online or on demand. Couldn't fit it into the DVR.

Sleepy Hollow - first ep was great, second was just ok.
    SHIELD - I really liked it. Definitely sticking around for now.
    Blacklist - I really don't like James Spader. So it's a question of whether the rest of the show is good enough. First ep was decent.

Returning shows
    New Girl - first ep was terrible, second was better, hanging by a thread so far
    Person of Interest - really strong first episode
    HIMYM - first 2 episodes were really really good, glad it's ending but glad I stuck it out
    Castle - didn't really enjoy the first ep but they have a fairly long leash
    Elementary - ditto

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
      The Michael J. Fox Show: My wife watched part of the first episode and already is going to take a pass. I'll watch it soon.
      I have this on DVR and had kind of high hopes for it. Watched the Robin Williams show which comes on at the same time and thought it was ok.

Comment

• Pretty much my feelings about Homeland

More Rubicon, less 24. The first episode of season 3 seemed to be heading in that direction. Unfortunately Brody is still alive somewhere.

---------------------------

Finally got around the watching S.H.I.E.L.D. I'm probably done already. Contrived rubbish. Never been a huge Joss Weldon fan, and I'm gonna say it, Firefly is way overrated. It is not the 10th greatest TV show ever made.
        Last edited by johnnya24; 09-29-2013, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• True Detective looks likes it's going to be awesome (Jan 2014)

Also Robert De Niro is taking over James Gandolfini's role in an HBO mini-series called Criminal Justice

Comment

• I saw an interview with the head of AMC last week. Obviously it had to do with the end of BrBa, but the most interesting question was about how shows like BrBa and Mad Men (also drawing to a conclusion soon ... 2 more seasons) could have a detrimental effect on the channel in the long term as they set the bar so high that failure to maintain that height could lead to decline (AMC is a publicly traded company).

He said that Walking Dead had no ending in mind, and could continue for 10 years or more. He also said there were would be an upcoming spin off series from The Walking Dead. Presumably they plan to run some version of "The Walking Dead" all year round?

While on the one had I like the fact that The Walking Dead isn't going anywhere any time soon. It's also a fact that shows with definite end in sight, and therefore direction, turn out to be the classic shows. The one's that have no ending tend to meander and become landfill ... especially if they keep killing off their main characters.

I hope they don't turn The Walking Dead into a cash cow. Look what the ratings success of True Blood did to that series.

I dropped Hell On Wheels a while back, and Low Winter Sun didn't seem very good. Turn and Halt and Catch Fire look interesting though

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              True Detective looks likes it's going to be awesome (Jan 2014)

that looks like a winner to me
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Officially done with SHIELD ... that was atrocious.

Comment

Officially done with SHIELD ... that was atrocious.
                  I punted it off the DVR yesterday to watch the baseball game, and figured I would view it on demand. Maybe not.....

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    I punted it off the DVR yesterday to watch the baseball game, and figured I would view it on demand. Maybe not.....
                    It was like a bad episode of the A-Team. Pretty sure the Incan temple they found in Peru was a Mayan style temple from Mexico. The characters are truly awful. The plot was dumbass. Everything looked fake and cheap.

... and they lost 30% of their viewers between episode 1 and 2 ... which is double the norm.

At least Heroes started good.

Comment

• I don't hate it... but the only good characters are Coulsen and Mei, and the action scenes are pretty dumb, and the interactions between the leads and between the tech geeks are painful, and there are no superheroes... okay, I kind of hate it.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Person of Interest - really strong first episode
                        The second one was even better. How many more shadowy antagonist organizations are there gonna be?
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                          The second one was even better. How many more shadowy antagonist organizations are there gonna be?
                          OK, Person of Interest question. Due to traveling, DVR issues, Hurricane Sandy and the fact CBS didn't include this show in its On Demand menu, we missed all of last season. It's finally available on Netflix, but the likelihood of watching 20+ episodes now is very slim. But we do like the show.

Do we just start watching this season having missed Season 2? Or get the DVDs (probably during January), try and catch up, then get Season 3 on DVD next year? Or just give up on it altogether?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            OK, Person of Interest question. Due to traveling, DVR issues, Hurricane Sandy and the fact CBS didn't include this show in its On Demand menu, we missed all of last season. It's finally available on Netflix, but the likelihood of watching 20+ episodes now is very slim. But we do like the show.

Do we just start watching this season having missed Season 2? Or get the DVDs (probably during January), try and catch up, then get Season 3 on DVD next year? Or just give up on it altogether?
                            I think you have to watch season 2 or else it will be hard to get what's going on, especially the stuff with Root and the machine. It's definitely worth watching, so I don't recommend giving it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                              I think you have to watch season 2 or else it will be hard to get what's going on, especially the stuff with Root and the machine. It's definitely worth watching, so I don't recommend giving it up.
                              Agreed. I think I missed a few shows last season (DVR conflicts) and even missing one or two confused me pretty good. It's worth watching, I like it.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

It was like a bad episode of the A-Team.
                                I watched SHIELD this morning before leaving for work, and my thought after it was over was "I must log onto RJ tonight and say that episode reminded me so much of the 80s A-Team." I find it strangely..appealing. But that might be because of Ming Na-Wen, who I've had a thing for since ER.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X