No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just saw the Breaking Bad finale, wow.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
      The first two episodes of It's Always Sunny have been great. Anyone else watching?
      First episode had its moments but ultimately fell a little flat.

Second episode was AWESOME. Frank and Mac's rum ham story arc is one of the funniest the show has ever had.

Third and fourth were pretty solid but nothing to write home about. They definitely push the envelope with every episode in terms of depravity and shock factor which leads to some pure gold but also some cringing.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Just saw the Breaking Bad finale, wow.
        Agreed, I still can't believe they did that x2. Just awesome TV!

I also enjoyed the 2nd episode of Homeland and am definitely in for this season.

Comment

• I gave up on Terra Nova after two shows. My wife watched the 3rd episode last night and said, "you're right. I'm done watching."

I like Ringer so far. Big Buffy fan disclaimer.

Comment

• Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
            I gave up on Terra Nova after two shows. My wife watched the 3rd episode last night and said, "you're right. I'm done watching."
            I think I'll stop watching it but still let it pile up on the watch queue for later. I cant quite figure out how to put into words what I dont like. Its the most fake feeling show I've watched in a long time and I dont mean the setting. I'm acutely aware that everyone is acting (and many not well) except maybe buff old guy. Every part of the environment feels so fake, and not just the fake stuff. The kids I pray will get eaten by a dino sometime soon, especially the obnoxious son. Who cares about the daughter dating in between scenes of slightly more serious stuff (Abrams used to do this on Alias and I hated it then also but it was their schtick).

Add to this a lack of a serialized plot which for me is something of a requirement but I know others actually like this format better... bleh...

Fox has already declined to purchase a full season so they arent crazy about it apparently.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Agreed, I still can't believe they did that x2. Just awesome TV!

I also enjoyed the 2nd episode of Homeland and am definitely in for this season.
              Just caught up with BB ... epic ... deserving of the last ever episode. I wonder where they will take the final series with a lot of the sub plots now closed off. Intriguing.

I too have given up on Terra Nova. Gave the second episode a courtesy watch and never made it to the end. Just a horrible show.

Homeland is getting two big thumbs up so far, and the new series of Dexter looks interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Just caught up with BB ... epic ... deserving of the last ever episode. I wonder where they will take the final series with a lot of the sub plots now closed off. Intriguing.
                I thought the same.

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Dexter looks interesting.
                I don't know, I wasn't that enthralled with the 1st episode, hopefully you're right. That show has been hit or miss for me. (Seasons 1, 2, & 4, hits; 3 & 5 misses).
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  I thought the same.

I don't know, I wasn't that enthralled with the 1st episode, hopefully you're right. That show has been hit or miss for me. (Seasons 1, 2, & 4, hits; 3 & 5 misses).
                  Episode 2 of Dexter was much better, Mos Def is great.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Just caught episode 1 of season 2 from The Walking Dead last night and I loved it.

Comment

• Saw the first part of that PBS series on Prohibition ... great stuff. Didn't realise that the phrase Teetotaler came from the Total Abstinence movement ... and has nothing at all to do with tea

Prohibition is a three-part, five-and-a-half-hour documentary film series directed by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick that tells the story of the rise, rule, and fall of the Eighteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and the entire era it encompassed. Full film now streaming.

Comment

• Boss with Kelsey Grammer is baddass so far.

Comment

• Anyone watch Hell on Wheels yet? I was looking forward to this one, but was pretty meh about it afterwards. I never watched Deadwood, so I didn't notice the obvious comparisons that all the reviewers seem to see. I'm hoping the characters will get a little more interesting. There aren't many westerns on right now, so I'll give this one a long leash.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                            Anyone watch Hell on Wheels yet? I was looking forward to this one, but was pretty meh about it afterwards. I never watched Deadwood, so I didn't notice the obvious comparisons that all the reviewers seem to see. I'm hoping the characters will get a little more interesting. There aren't many westerns on right now, so I'll give this one a long leash.
                            Yeah, watched it last night. I thought it was good, and very well-done. The sets, costumes, themes, all were spot-on. Yeah, no one character emerged as "must watch," but like you said, this one gets a long leash.

It's amazing how Sunday nights have become "must see TV" this fall. My DVR is doing overtime between The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Boardwalk Empire, Hung, Dexter & Homeland -- which is more than the rest of the week combined. Oh, and football. My wife's favorite show "Desperate Housewives" has been relegated to on demand status.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              It's amazing how Sunday nights have become "must see TV" this fall. My DVR is doing overtime between The Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, Boardwalk Empire, Hung, Dexter & Homeland -- which is more than the rest of the week combined. Oh, and football. My wife's favorite show "Desperate Housewives" has been relegated to on demand status.
                              I've noticed this as well when my pc automatically is grabbing Amazing Race, Hung, Boardwalk, Walking Dead, and now that you've reminded me, I need to add Homeland to that list.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Luckily for my DVR I don't have Showtime so I can't watch Dexter or Homeland, but it's definitely become one of the best nights of TV.

Comment

Working...
                                X