Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
    The New Girl was just ok for me, but I think that's because I saw the promos so much that I pretty much felt like I saw the episode already. I laughed at the promos when I first saw them, so I'll stick with this one. Plus I like Zooey so we'll see how it goes.

I watched a clip of Whitney online yesterday, while the little one was monopolizing the TV and it was awful. Looked like two people reading from a joke book and not coming across as real people at all. I expected them to turn toward me and wink and nudge whenever they made a "joke". The stupid laugh track coming in after every line didn't help either. It felt like an Abbott and Costello routine set in a sitcom

The Middle is a good solid show - not the best, but it's usually entertaining.

The first two episodes of It's Always Sunny have been great. Anyone else watching?
    Actually I felt like Whitney's boyfriend in the show was winking after he told a joke

Comment

• Terra Nova ... 2 seasons max. Horrible.

Take a bunch of pretty, very well groomed people, drop them in extreme jungle frontier land (with their cosmetics and skin care products of course), add a dollop of terrible dialogue and hammy acting, and top it all of with some horrible direction and scene setting ... and hey presto ... another disastrous TV show. You think they'd learn.

No wonder the dinosaurs went extinct if they were half as pathetic as these ones. The scene when the vicious razor toothed Slasher ripped open the vehicle, dragged out the kid, then started gnawing on the kids legs like a gummy old dog was hilarious ... or at last it would have been if I wasn't already dosing off by that stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I liked Person of Interest last night. I'm glad they didn't bog it down too much in some huge story arc. I imagine there will be one, just glad it wasn't all thrown at us in episode one. I hope it's more slowly developed like in Fringe or something.
        I loved this show!

If it continues like the premier it will fast become one of my favorite shows.

Not many shows I actually look forward to.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Terra Nova ... 2 seasons max. Horrible.
          two seasons is actually somewhat successful. Only a handful of shows get to their second season.

I thought Terra Nova showed a good deal of potential but also some problems in filming and acting. It felt clumsy and old. Like the old syndicated action shows from the 1990s and early 2000s. The pilot was made quite a while ago I believe so they've had some time to hopefully fix some of those issues.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Terra Nova had a decent bit of what I hoped it would have, and nearly all of what I feared it would have. It was the pilot though, so I'll give it some more episodes to see where it's headed. Still curious, but with low expectations.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              Actually - the reruns of Big Bang Theory on TBS are great
              Season 2 of TBBT is absolute money. All of it.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                Terra Nova had a decent bit of what I hoped it would have, and nearly all of what I feared it would have. It was the pilot though, so I'll give it some more episodes to see where it's headed. Still curious, but with low expectations.
                agreed for the most part but my expectations are at least average right now.

The black woman appears to be one of the worst actresses I've come across.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                  The black woman appears to be one of the worst actresses I've come across.
                  We're not talking about True Blood, are we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                    We're not talking about True Blood, are we?
                    never seen it.

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      never seen it.
                      I believe that Erik is questioning Emmy award winning potential of Rutina Wesley

Comment

• Indeed I am, not that Emmy voters are the ultimate authority on good acting.

Comment

• "Actually - the reruns of Big Bang Theory on TBS are great"

The actress who plays Penny, the female character - what's her 'fastball' arc, from year 1 til now?

Dwight Gooden?

She was unhittable for a bit, but now she usually just looks like a good innings-eater, from the recent episodes I've seen. Still rotation-worthy, but not an All-Star.

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Pan Am -- stunk

Boardwalk Empire -- excellent

Dexter & Homeland start this Sunday!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Pan Am -- stunk

Boardwalk Empire -- excellent

Dexter & Homeland start this Sunday!
                              I'm saving up the final 2 episodes of Breaking Bad and the first 2 of Boardwalk Empire for next week ... will probably also line up the final episode from season 1 of Boardwalk as a reminder.

Looks like being a good season ... lots of quality shows out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I'm saving up the final 2 episodes of Breaking Bad and the first 2 of Boardwalk Empire for next week ... will probably also line up the final episode from season 1 of Boardwalk as a reminder.

Looks like being a good season ... lots of quality shows out there.
                                I'm disappointed in the quality of the new shows. As of now, only Person of Interest is sticking, and I'm sure Homeland will as well. Thankfully I found some decent shows on the Food and Travel Networks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X