Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    This is very good news for me. It has moved up to one of my top couple of shows on tv.
    This has really been a good season for Justified. Glad to see it'll be back.

Watched Camelot over the weekend and it's somewhat entertaining, if not particularly exceelent. If you like Spartacus, you'd probably like this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
      Watched Camelot over the weekend and it's somewhat entertaining, if not particularly exceelent. If you like Spartacus, you'd probably like this as well.
      gah - watched it and hated it. convoluted version of the true story, with gratituous sex and violence. will probably watch it once more, but if it doesn't get better will definitely pass.
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        I've heard that AMC's The Killing has a different killer to the original Danish series (Forbrydelsen) ... so hopefully that will keep it fresh for me. I'm onto the second series of the original, and I've seen good reviews for the remake which began last night.

Some shows with high potential on now, and coming up soon ... Mildred Pierce (mini-series), Game of Thrones, The Killing, The Borgias
        I watched the first two episodes of The Killing last night on my DVR. I really liked it a lot. I haven't watched an AMC show I didn't like. I loved Rubicon even though that died, but man Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and now the Killing. It is slow moving so far like Rubicon, but the build up is good. The scenes with the family are gut wrenching to watch. We all see a lot of crime shows, but not that often is the families struggle after such an emphasis.

Anyway it is on for a 13 episode run with each episode being a day. I am definitely in.

One note for anyone who never got in on Breaking Bad and doesn't have netflix, it is starting from episode one tonight at 12:30 AM on AMC, set your DVR's.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
          Justified renewed for season three.
          Glad to hear that Raylan Givens and his hat will return for another year. A great show, can't wait to watch tonights new episode.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
            One note for anyone who never got in on Breaking Bad and doesn't have netflix, it is starting from episode one tonight at 12:30 AM on AMC, set your DVR's.
            New episodes nightly or weekly? I'd like to start watching it but I'm headed out of town for a few days and a nightly thing would load up my crappy comcast dvr.
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
              New episodes nightly or weekly? I'd like to start watching it but I'm headed out of town for a few days and a nightly thing would load up my crappy comcast dvr.
              They should be going in order at 12:30 and 1:30 AM Weds night, technically Thursday morning. they also appear to be airing an episode on Mondays, but not sure it is in the same sequence.

Comment

HBO have released the first 14 minutes of Game Of Thrones ... looks top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
                  I watched the first two episodes of The Killing last night on my DVR. I really liked it a lot. I haven't watched an AMC show I didn't like. I loved Rubicon even though that died, but man Breaking Bad, Walking Dead, Mad Men, and now the Killing. It is slow moving so far like Rubicon, but the build up is good. The scenes with the family are gut wrenching to watch. We all see a lot of crime shows, but not that often is the families struggle after such an emphasis.

Anyway it is on for a 13 episode run with each episode being a day. I am definitely in.
                  I'm glad they kept the ultra-grim atmosphere of the original. I'm not sure the sun shown in any of the 20 episodes of the Danish series ... overcast, rain ... created a real sense of foreboding.

... oh ... and the knitted jumpers!

Get ready for a million twists and turns

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                    I'm glad they kept the ultra-grim atmosphere of the original. I'm not sure the sun shown in any of the 20 episodes of the Danish series ... overcast, rain ... created a real sense of foreboding.

... oh ... and the knitted jumpers!

Get ready for a million twists and turns
                    Yeah it is constantly raining in this version as well. Using Seattle (filmed in Vancouver I believe) as the location allows for this. There were a few daylight scenes that didn't have rain, but overall it is very dreary.

I watched the 3rd episode tonight, still very good and I can already tell that you are right there will be tons of twits. Anyway I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                      They film Breaking Bad right outside my office all the time. I've never seen the show but probably should.
                      Dude, get it together!
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Just caught up with the first 3 episodes of The Borgias ... very good.

The first auto-correct spelling correction for Borgias is Orgiastic ... which actually seems to be quite an appropriate definition for a 16th century pope

Comment

The Borgias has just been renewed for a second season after getting very good ratings. Top quality drama.

The Killing is also very good ... seems to take a few different directions to the original, and doesn't have quite the same pace (the original was 20 full 1 hour episodes). I heard somewhere that it will have a different killer. I doubt this ... but the thought that it might keeps keeps me wondering.

Looks like we are entering a new period of real top class TV drama ... similar to 3/4 years ago.

Breaking Bad
                          Mad Men
                          Boardwalk Empire
                          Dexter
                          The Killing
                          The Borgias
                          Game of Thrones
                          True Blood

... and there's 4/5 more ...

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                            Archer is hysterical.

I too am looking forward to Justified coming back.
                            I have been DVR the show. A good show to watch when the kids go to bed.

Comment

Anyone watching Happy Endings? I think it's really funny.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

new schedules were announced, so that means some shows were whacked:
                                V, The Event, Human Target, No Ordinary Family, $hit my Dad Says, Chicago Code, Lie to Me, Mr. Sunshine, Detroit 1-8-7 all cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                                X