Neil Young song draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    So many songs won't make it back. But for me, this is his best song. In 20 years I have never got tired of listening to it.

1.03 Old Man, Harvest, 1972
    Plus it's an O so you got that going for you...

Looking at the first round, I think I only know half the songs.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      4.08 Ambulance Blues (On the Beach, 1974)

Words cannot describe my thoughts right now ...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Comment

Words cannot describe my thoughts right now ...

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
        Well, your pick was at the top of my list. We have eerily similar tastes in music.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Well, your pick was at the top of my list. We have eerily similar tastes in music.
          make your next pick already
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• 5.01 Mr. Soul (Buffalo Springfield Again, 1967)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

5.01 Mr. Soul (Buffalo Springfield Again, 1967)

Jeez, this just isn't right.

It seems, however, that everyone is suffering from the same type of disappointment when songs are picked ahead of them...maybe more than in the other artist drafts I've been in. Do Neil fans feel more of an emotional attachment to the tunes they love?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                make your next pick already
                Right back atcha
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• 5.02 Hawks and Doves, Hawks and Doves, 1980

Love the guitar in this song..and the fiddle...

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    Jeez, this just isn't right.

It seems, however, that everyone is suffering from the same type of disappointment when songs are picked ahead of them...maybe more than in the other artist drafts I've been in. Do Neil fans feel more of an emotional attachment to the tunes they love?
                    It does seem like there have been a lot more 'ARRGHs' in this draft than in any other. Maybe we're just getting more sentimental in our old age
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• I'll be gone until late afternoon, so I left my next pick with DMT.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• i have spent this morning listening to songs from Neil that i hadn't heard before and man have i found some kick-ass great songs!!

Makes me glad that I didn't hear most of Youngs canon as they were released, because now i have a "new" a musical artist to listen to.

Screw todays music.... I have hours and hours and hours of Neil Young to listen that i never heard before!!

Comment

• 5.03 Sugar Mountain

Comment

i have spent this morning listening to songs from Neil that i hadn't heard before and man have i found some kick-ass great songs!!

Makes me glad that I didn't hear most of Youngs canon as they were released, because now i have a "new" a musical artist to listen to.

Screw todays music.... I have hours and hours and hours of Neil Young to listen that i never heard before!!
                            Some great tunes, the occasional clunker, and a few albums where you just scratch your head and say WTF?

And when it's time for romance, drop the needle on Arc. Guaranteed to put her in the mood.

Comment

i have spent this morning listening to songs from Neil that i hadn't heard before and man have i found some kick-ass great songs!!

aye. i got into this draft to get an education, and i am not disappointed. i hope everybody will post clips of lesser known songs as we move forward.
                              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

5.03 Sugar Mountain
                                A steal in the 5th round.

Comment

Working...
                                X