No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to admit that i overlooked this 2001 gem from Elton since i prefer his 70's stuff. But, this song and it's great lyrics could easily pass as being from that era. Also a great video starring Justin Timberlake and Pee Wee Herman.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Pink Floyd reunion at the London Live 8 Concert in Hyde Park on July 7, 2005. Gilmour and Waters set aside their differences for charity....for just one night....and for just four songs: Speak To Me/Breathe, Money, Wish You Were Here, and Comfortably Numb. They sounded as great as ever after 34 years apart.

Last edited by madducks; 07-10-2017, 12:53 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
        Lizzo - Worship

I love Lizzo! She's got some funny one-liners, but she has some depth to her songwriting too.

Others lady rappers I've been super into lately:

Kamaiyah

Jamila Woods

Noname

SZA

Solange
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• My latest addiction is music videos featuring girls on roller skates. Here's one of my favorites.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another one with LA Roller Girl Candice Heiden, who is popular choice in a number of music videos.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One more.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Not exceellent, but completely arbitrary... the lead singer for Bush just went through TSA behind me in Sacramento of all places. I would have just figured he was a random dude carrying a silly dog onto a plane, but RJEL girl knew he was the ex of Gwen Stefani.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  Not exceellent, but completely arbitrary... the lead singer for Bush just went through TSA behind me in Sacramento of all places. I would have just figured he was a random dude carrying a silly dog onto a plane, but RJEL girl knew he was the ex of Gwen Stefani.
                  I think he's one of the judges on an American Idol style singing show these days.

Comment

• I heard this song today and said to myself, "Damn this sounds like Boston but I ain't ever heard it!"

Used SoundHound and it came up as a song from 1980 from some dude named Barry Goudreau. Ok, let's check YouTube for the video. Lo and behold, here's this Goudreau character with everyone in Boston except for Tom Scholz!

Turns out Barry Goudreau is an original member of Boston. Tom Scholz, the founder, had a contract dispute with their label at that time -- which is why it took them so long to release their third album (1978 until 1986) -- and Scholz said to the rest of the band, go ahead and release an album without me! They did, under Barry Goudreau's name. When Scholz came back, he asked Goudreau to leave the band. Never knew any of this.

Anyway, check out this long-lost "Boston" song! It's a great find!

Comment

• Boston was my favorite band as a teen. Saw them with Brad Delp (no Goudreau, Sheehan, or Hashian) in 87. When the Third Stage album came out i read an article about Brad Delp singing on Barry Goudreau's solo album and immediately headed to the mall to look for it and found it on cassette tape at Camelot music. "Dreams" is the song that stands out on that album. Here's another one i like from it.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's a 90's rock ballad from another Brad Delp/Barry Goudreau collaboration called RTZ. This song really shows off the vocals of one of the greatest rock singers of all time.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Happy day, today.

Perhaps because I recently took her to see her "bucket list" artist, Paul McCartney, the wife has been busy setting up shows for us. She just got us some really good seats for Gov't Mule at the Majestic Theater in Dallas in September, and this morning scored amazing seats for Primus in Austin in October at Moody Theater. So, not technically exceelent music I've heard lately, but certainly some I hope to hear in the next couple of months.
                          If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

• Can't get this outta my head..

Comment

• New Gary Numan. Dig it...

Comment

• New rockabilly cat on the scene. Looking forward to seeing him at a big rockabilly show in Santa Ana tomorrow. Very throwback Jerry Lee Lewis-ish...

Comment

Working...
                                X