No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to see Steve Hackett on Saturday. Fantastic show! He is a phenomenal guitarist and his band is top notch.

First half of the show was his solo material and the second half was Genesis material....some well-known and some lesser known.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Haven't looked back through the thread to see if it is there, but I've had Kendrick Lamar's latest in rotation lately, and it is the best "new" thing I have heard.

Comment

• Such a great guy, that Prince.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          I fucking hate every single thing about Prince.
          Yea I was being sarcastic...can't deny his guitar skills though.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I really dig the vibe on this album - Chance the Rapper and others

Comment

• and this is the single that my college age son and friends really like - and me too

Comment

• Caught this one on XM last week -- I don't think I've heard this one in 25+ years. I initially thought it was a mid-80s hair metal band, but then discovered that Slade had been a predominantly UK glam band and this was their last hit in 1983 (they also sang the original "Cum on Feel the Noiz," which answered an age-old question I had about why Quiet Riot misspelled it-- Slade had done this with many of their song titles)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Caught this one on XM last week -- I don't think I've heard this one in 25+ years. I initially thought it was a mid-80s hair metal band, but then discovered that Slade had been a predominantly UK glam band and this was their last hit in 1983 (they also sang the original "Cum on Feel the Noiz," which answered an age-old question I had about why Quiet Riot misspelled it-- Slade had done this with many of their song titles)

Slade are awesome. They loved to misspell song titles. Apparently Quiet Riot didn't want to do the cover, their label pushed it on them, so when they recorded it they tried to be as sloppy as possible but the label still liked it and put it on the album.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Love "Run Runaway".. such a cool tune.

Here a bagpipe version (pipes come in around 2:25 mark). I saw Off Kilter about 15 years ago and they were great.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Here's another cool tune I heard on XM -- had never heard this one before:

Comment

• This one's showing up on a lot of year-end lists and for good reason:

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                          This one's showing up on a lot of year-end lists and for good reason:

It's ok. No better than the stuff I post, but because it's "deep" or something, it's better than pop music. got it

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Here's another cool tune I heard on XM -- had never heard this one before:

Very cool tune. I always dug their sound. "So in Love" by them is one of my all time favorites.

Comment

• The consensus top 2 records of 2015 were also 2 of my favourites: Sufjan Stevens and Kendrick Lamar.

... that hasn't happened in a few years. Lately I'm waiting on the end of year lists to play catch up.

#gettingold

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                                It's ok. No better than the stuff I post, but because it's "deep" or something, it's better than pop music. got it
                                I'm going to update the urban dictionary definition of passive aggressive with this quote

Comment

Working...
                                X