No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elton John himself said that he "was blown away by this version of Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Sara Bareilles. He went on to say, "When someone sings your song they usually copy you, but she made it her own."

Last edited by madducks; 11-06-2014, 01:18 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here is a live show of a new band that I really like; Cayetana. They are from Philly and they just released their first album.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Have you heard of a band called the So So Glows? Saw them supporting The Hold Steady last month, and they were really solid from what I saw. Seemed like they might be up your street.

Comment

• Not bad. I'd check more out by them.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• There is this indie game called The Binding of Isaac. Not really my kinda game (seems to be a huge tilt factor! ). But the soundtrack
            is fucking amazing.

Last edited by johnnya24; 11-11-2014, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• Nice cover of the old Boz Scaggs tune "Lowdown" by Chromeo on "Live from Daryl's House".

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Hard to believe this song is coming out of a 19 year old British dude:

Comment

• Butch Walker has to be one of the most underrated male vocalists on the planet. He makes this average song sound ten times better.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And here's the rougher edgier version of Butch Walker. Talk about a power ballad wow!

note: the song ends around 4:05 if you want to skip the between songs bs. I couldn't find a better edit.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Couldn't find a live version of this with good sound. Another Butch Walker song along with the cheesy/funny video.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Should probably throw in this one from Butch Walker also. He's one of those performers that just seems to sound better live and he nails this one.

note: song starts at 1:30 if you want to skip the talk

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think a lot of you will get a real kick out of this record ... evokes so many artists at various points, from Dylan to Springsteen to Paul Simon to Wilco. It's a very easy record to listen to ...

The War On Drugs - "Eyes To the Wind"

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream (Full album)

Comment

• Here one from last year by Chris Mills, who's been around for what seems to be forever; his first album was in 1998. He's one of my favorites that just never gained an audience though he deserves one far more than most pop stars out there.

Here's an older song from an album that he recorded live to two tracks with a 19 piece orchestra.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                I think a lot of you will get a real kick out of this record ... evokes so many artists at various points, from Dylan to Springsteen to Paul Simon to Wilco. It's a very easy record to listen to ...

The War On Drugs - "Eyes To the Wind"

The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream (Full album)

You're a little late to the game on this one, check pages 117/118 of this thread

It's definitely one of my favorite albums of the year and according to Metacritic, it's on the most year-end lists so far - http://www.metacritic.com/feature/cr...albums-of-2014

Comment

Working...
                                X