Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can add John Fogerty to my list.

My wife and I went to see him at the Chicago Theater last night. We had a blast! Old John has not lost anything off his fastball. Voice was strong and guitar playing fantastic. If you are a CCR fan go see him you won't be disappointed.

As an added bonus Kenny Aronoff was playing the drums. He was on his game and is right up there with the best I have ever seen.

Shane Fogerty, John's son, is playing guitar with the band. He is a talent in his own right. Touching moment to see John and Shane jam together. You could tell papa was proud and delighted to be on stage with his son.

Two hours non-stop pure entertainment.

Comment

• This may end up being my "Summer Jam of 2014", and it got recorded when I was 2 years old. The 70's draft got me listening to Can

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg and I drove to Anderson Indiana for a Heart concert. We had front row seats and had a blast. I gave her the tickets (and get away weekend) for Mothers Day.

Ann Wilson was in fine voice. Her performance of Alone was the single best thing I have ever heard her sing (recorded or that night). Added bonus; My wife got a Nancy Wilson guitar pick (with the Heart Skull logo). She gave it to our guitar playing daughter (who was thrilled).

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Mrs. Gregg and I drove to Anderson Indiana for a Heart concert. We had front row seats and had a blast. I gave her the tickets (and get away weekend) for Mothers Day.

Ann Wilson was in fine voice. Her performance of Alone was the single best thing I have ever heard her sing (recorded or that night). Added bonus; My wife got a Nancy Wilson guitar pick (with the Heart Skull logo). She gave it to our guitar playing daughter (who was thrilled).
          Saw Heart last summer and it was a fantastic show. I am a huge Heart fan and it definitely a highlight of my concert going experiences. Sat about 5-7 rows back.

I last saw them in 1985 when they hit it huge with the "Heart" album and MTV played their videos all the time.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• for you Husker Du and Bob Mould fans

The former Hüsker Dü and Sugar frontman plugs in for a characteristically loud four-song set — three from his new solo album (Beauty and Ruin) and one from the band that launched his career.

I am not totally sure about the vocal quality but the jangling amped guitar is great

these guys are more my speed - I dig messy bands with classical instruments

The Family Crest

The band features seven players with training in classical and jazz, as well as instruments such as violin, cello, upright bass, flute, trombone, drums, guitar and Liam McCormick's powerhouse voice.

Comment

• Never thought that I'd say this, but I think that 10000 Days might be a better record than Lateralus. It certainly more personal, which I guess appeals to me.

Suppose I'll have to go back and compare ... the neighbours will not be happy

Comment

• I've always liked but not loved Spoon, but their new album is pretty amazing. The lead single is especially incredible:

Comment

• Well, I have yet to hear it, but I can't wait for the new Pink Floyd CD in November.

Comment

• I had never even heard of Betty Davis before (she was married to Miles Davis, and apparently introduced him to Sly Stone & Hendrix), stumbled upon her via some graphic artist's Twitter feed.
                    Wow.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I saw "The Australian Pink Floyd" band last night and it was ok. Not nearly as good as "Brit Floyd". They didn't play enough songs and they didn't play enough obscure tunes.

Go to see either of them though if you are a Floyd fan.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Anyone going to see the Who?

Comment

• Holy crap ...totally forgot I had Hold Steady tickets for tonight ... Would have missed it if I hadn't luckily went through my rucksack and found the ticket. Damn! Woot!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            Holy crap ...totally forgot I had Hold Steady tickets for tonight ... Would have missed it if I hadn't luckily went through my rucksack and found the ticket. Damn! Woot!
                            Nice save! A few months ago, for the first time in my life, I actually missed a show that I had a ticket to. Totally spaced it...I blame my kids
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• If I hadn't dropped my earphones into the wrong compartment in my bag, I'd never have gone it through looking for them ... And never found the ticket. Think I'll buy a lotto ticket and double down on my luck

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                If I hadn't dropped my earphones into the wrong compartment in my bag, I'd never have gone it through looking for them ... And never found the ticket. Think I'll buy a lotto ticket and double down on my luck
                                bet it all on Chips Ahoy!
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X