No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• this got sent to me and I thought it was a trailer for a hipster remake of "American Psycho", then I figured out it was just a music video for The Shoes "Time to Dance"

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• In my quest to corner the market on "modern music that sounds like Joy Division" (see also "She Wants Revenge") I present "The Soft Moon"

it's Joy Division meets Sisters of Mercy....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Stick it on random and run into a forgotten gem:

Sitting in cafe ... I unplugged my ipod to post this ... and they were playing a reggae version of Country Roads ... every bit as bad as you'd imagine.
            Last edited by johnnya24; 03-26-2012, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Awesome cover of a Hall and Oates song done while driving down the road in a van, complete with sick kazoo solo:
              That is indeed awesome - thanks!
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Roky Erickson

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Here ya go:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Heard this and felt compelled to watch The English Patient ... Glenn Gould & Goldberg Variations. The first 3 minutes of this might be my favorite passage of music ...it'd be up there anyway.

Last edited by johnnya24; 03-31-2012, 06:21 PM.

Comment

• Don't know how I'd never heard this before. Incredible cover.

Comment

• It's hard to remember ... but many moons ago this lot used to be a good band.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                          Don't know how I'd never heard this before. Incredible cover.

Billy Bragg is awesome, he's probably the musician I've paid to see the most times. Here's my favorite Billy cover

but this is my favorite Billy Bragg song...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            Billy Bragg is awesome, he's probably the musician I've paid to see the most times. Here's my favorite Billy cover

but this is my favorite Billy Bragg song...

Love both of those songs. I actually find him pretty hit or miss at times but I still listen to "Back to Basics" all the time and it never, ever disappoints.

Comment

... Sonic Youth ... Amen ... A-mother****in-men.
                              Since you asked

Really liked their last record from a couple of years back ... this track is awesome.

Comment

Sonic Youth is untalented, pretentious garbage. It's like if the Sex Pistols took themselves way, way more seriously (and ripped off other bands' sounds far more). Terrible.
                                Yeah ... but in a really awesome kinda way.

Comment

Working...
                                X