No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I post this before ... this is near perfect. You can hear faint traces of Neil Young occasionally in the vocal and guitar solos.

Comment

• Love the new Pearl Jam track ... has a 90's feel, but not a 90's Pearl Jam feel ... mellower.

Comment

• "... I felt a little tight, so I watched Miami Vice ..."

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• The new Pearl Jam record is really good. It's streaming free on iTunes.

There's a bit of Green Day in there.
          Last edited by johnnya24; 10-09-2013, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• I've decided that this is my favorite Radiohead track.....but you know.....

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I've decided that this is my favorite Radiohead track.....but you know.....

From the same record, Like Spinning Plates is probably my favourite Radiohead track ... but the live striped-down live version. This version is from the B-side of the I Might Be Wrong EP coincidentally. I can listen to this on loop all day long.

Comment

• The Waterboys
                Saw them in concert, must have been right after this song came out, in 1988.
                I'd be surprised if they weren't one of The Decembrists' biggest influences.

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  The Waterboys
                  Saw them in concert, must have been right after this song came out, in 1988.
                  I'd be surprised if they weren't one of The Decembrists' biggest influences.
                  Don't expect any love here. When I picked them in the rock festival draft, the guys (who I'm guessing have only heard Whole Of The Moon) dismissed them as a "lightweight pop band."

I'm thinking of seeing them Monday night in Boulder.
                  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                  "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                  "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Nice playlist

I think a version of The Waterboys played every single festival in the world during the 90's.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                      Nice playlist

I think a version of The Waterboys played every single festival in the world during the 90's.
                      oh I didn't realize I linked my playlist in there

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        oh I didn't realize I linked my playlist in there
                        Well I didn't notice until it was playing for half an hour

Comment

• Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                          Don't expect any love here. When I picked them in the rock festival draft, the guys (who I'm guessing have only heard Whole Of The Moon) dismissed them as a "lightweight pop band."

I'm thinking of seeing them Monday night in Boulder.
                          I love the Waterboys. Great band, great sound.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Can't recall if I first saw this here on rj, but here's the lead singer of The Waterboys performing "Whole of the Moon" in 1987 in some awesome high school.

Comment

• No idea how I'd never heard this until today.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• I forgot how good that song was.
                                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                                X