Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Marvelous 3 (2013 reunioun) - Freak of the Week:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      And here's one for the Styx fans. Great (and funny) Dennis DeYoung impersonation by the multi-talented Walker.

Thanks! My wife and I had a good laugh at this one.

I just found out that my wife's cousin took guitar lessons from the Styx guitar player.

Comment

• I've never bothered listening to Kendrick Lamar ... I had a bad name association with a dreary 2000's neo-soul singer called Lemar.

Decided to give good kid, m.A.A.d city a shot ... damn that is one fine record. Reminiscent of Nas's Illmatic in many respects. Not sure if it's the same class as those 90's classics , but maybe.

Last edited by johnnya24; 04-07-2015, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Sticking with the Bowie space theme.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sara playing the sex cymbal in the live version.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Hope this one doesn't bring anyone down but it is a pretty amazing song.

Last edited by madducks; 04-19-2015, 06:43 AM. Reason: better version

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I was looking around for some Levon Helm and came across this. I thought it was pretty good.

Comment

• Magic Sam - 21 Days in Jail, from 1958

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• my wife again, in rehearsal this time - the concert videos haven't gone up yet, but this was really good.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Damn, I'd been meaning to ask you to remind me when that Presidio show was going to be... apparently last week.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Back when indie rock actually rocked. I'm tired of the indie stuff now being so mellow. Great breakup song.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                          my wife again, in rehearsal this time - the concert videos haven't gone up yet, but this was really good.

https://www.facebook.com/kimnalley/v...1/?pnref=story
                          Wow, that was really good. Thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I was looking around for some Levon Helm and came across this. I thought it was pretty good.

Wow, I had been looking for this for a long time!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Back when indie rock actually rocked. I'm tired of the indie stuff now being so mellow.
                              You're being generous with "mellow." Most of it has been downright boring for almost 10 years now.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I took my wife to see Emmylou Harris and Rodney Crowell last night at City Winery Chicago.

It is a small intimate venue. It was sold out, but I found 2 tickets through vivid seats. All we knew was that we had preferred seating. When we got there they put us at a table first row center stage. My wife was literally leaning on the front of the stage 7 feet from Emmylou. It was fantastic. They played for an hour and 45 minutes no intermission.

Here is one song from their new album that comes out tomorrow. Old time sound.

Comment

Working...
                                X