X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Airborne Toxic Event

“The Storm” on Jimmy Kimmel Live

Comment

• Just heard this one for the first time...if you like Latin music, highly recommended. I might add more, but this was the first song on the album.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Here's that kid busting out MC Hammer:

WOW. At the 1:45 mark, he goes Art Tatum
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Here's that kid busting out MC Hammer:

he's got crazy Buckethead hands!

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• The new Vampire Weekend album came out last week and the whole thing is exceeeeelent. This one's my favorite track so far:

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
              The new Vampire Weekend album came out last week and the whole thing is exceeeeelent. This one's my favorite track so far:

I think that's their 3rd record? I never bothered with the second. I liked them when they first came out, then got very tired with the sound for some reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                I think that's their 3rd record? I never bothered with the second. I liked them when they first came out, then got very tired with the sound for some reason.
                Yeah, third one. It's more mature than what we're used to hearing from them - a lot more focus on lyrics and arrangements. I love all three but this one might be my favorite when all's said and done.

Comment

• a bit of a Green Day clone, but one of the craziest videos I've seen in ages....and yea, audio is NSFW

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I don't recall seeing this before - The Onion's AV Club put together a list of songs to cover, and invited bands to cover whichever one they wanted, then crossed that one off the list.

They got some terrific bands to come in, some examples:
                    - Lucero covers David Bowie
                    - Decembrists cover Suger
                    - Ted Leo & The Phamicists cover Tears for Fears
                    - GWAR covers Kansas
                    - Of Montreal covers The White Stripes (and sounds dead on the original!)
                    - Superchunk covers The Cure

My favorite so far - Nada Surf covers New Order with some really cool touches
                    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• I saw Ted Leo in a small club in philly... maybe 200 people... last year. the show completely rocked.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                        a bit of a Green Day clone, but one of the craziest videos I've seen in ages....and yea, audio is NSFW
                        more boobs, less making me dizzy as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I saw Ted Leo in a small club in philly... maybe 200 people... last year. the show completely rocked.
                          I've seen them twice at indie rock karaoke, where they play a 45 minute set and then they are the backing band for karaoke. It was amazing both times.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            I saw Ted Leo in a small club in philly... maybe 200 people... last year. the show completely rocked.
                            He's playing a free show at Morgan's Pier (formerly Rock Lobster) on 7/31.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              He's playing a free show at Morgan's Pier (formerly Rock Lobster) on 7/31.
                              wrote it on my calendar. Sounds like fun.

Comment

• Superchunk can do no wrong, first single for their new album coming out in August.

From the album I Hate Music, out August 20, 2013 on Merge Records. http://www.mergerecords.com/store/store_detail.php?catalog_id=945
                                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X