No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love the original..But this version is soooo f**king awesome.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Love me some L7..great riff.

Another cool tune:

Last edited by Mithrandir; 11-11-2012, 03:34 PM.
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• You can't post L7 without posting The Word clip ...

... including the (at the time) controversial trouser drop muff solo finale

The Word was awful ... but brilliant at the same time.

Comment

• A great pop ditty. Ullman is hilarious in this video.

Comment

• Caught this track on the ole satellite radio the other day. Very interesting band, they meld all kinds of '60s and '70s influences into a pretty unique sound:

Comment

• Morning Parade - Headlights

Morning Parade is currently opening for The Smashing Pumpkins, their sound is kind of like Airborne Toxic Event meets Snow Patrol, love it...

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Caught this track on the ole satellite radio the other day. Very interesting band, they meld all kinds of '60s and '70s influences into a pretty unique sound:

That's a bizarre concoction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  Morning Parade is currently opening for The Smashing Pumpkins, their sound is kind of like Airborne Toxic Event meets Snow Patrol, love it...

I found it amusing that you said a band 99% of the world has never heard of, sound like a combination of two other bands 99% of the world have never heard of.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                    I found it amusing that you said a band 99% of the world has never heard of, sound like a combination of two other bands 99% of the world have never heard of.
                    You might not think you Snow Patrol, but you do. I won't post the YouTube video of "Chasing Cars" because it's far from exceelent, but it was in the promo for every romantic comedy 3 or 4 years ago. Their first album was actually pretty good but they got pretty schlocky after that.

As for Airborne Toxic Event, you've probably heard their song "Sometime Around Midnight" - it was a pretty big radio hit a couple years back.

This Morning Parade song has been getting some airplay on the alternative station on satellite radio and I kinda like it. A little too polished for my tastes (like the two bands you compared them to) but decent nonetheless.

Comment

• The two best Foghat tunes:

Last edited by Mithrandir; 11-21-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• THis whole video makes me calm and content

Comment

• What a great cover of a monster early rock tune:

Comment

• cover of Zep:

Comment

• Wow

Comment

• It's completely impossible not to enjoy this song.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X