Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    Jesus, dude. Pet Shop Boys good but Huey Lewis bad? I think I just threw up in my mouth.

Although, truth be told, my junior high girlfriends would certainly agree with you.
    Wow, the 80s retro thing has finally made it to the NM junior high school crowd!
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      Wow, the 80s retro thing has finally made it to the NM junior high school crowd!
      Not sure how I missed that ... it was just hangin' there.

Comment

• Metric - Breathing Underwater

Comment

or that ElD has junior high girlfriends.

By the way - my junior high students want to hear
          One Direction or Mclemore -Thrift Shop - fortunately we found a "clean" version to play

Comment

"I might have had a few drink girls, but that just makes it more X X Xciting"
            Last edited by johnnya24; 02-03-2013, 02:24 PM.

Comment

• Breaking away from my usual indie rock leanings, here's a disco sing I happened upon while listening to the 70's station on XM that I instantly loved:

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Just found these guys today. This song rocks my face off:

not too shabby..
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                  Breaking away from my usual indie rock leanings, here's a disco sing I happened upon while listening to the 70's station on XM that I instantly loved:

One of my favorites from the disco era:

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• New from Prince...sweet!

Comment

• Dick Dale!!

Comment

• One of my favorites oldies:

Comment

• Criminally underrated Kinks song.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            One of my favorites oldies:

Can't say I know that song but that lady's voice sounds pretty rough in that performance.

Comment

• This a an oldie but an exceelent song. Here is an article I came across today about the song, which I think is pretty neat.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• One of my favorite cover songs by a great band. It's a real shame Axel Rose decided to be a dick and made them stop selling the album it was on. He wonders why the rest of Guns and Roses still gets respect and he doesn't...

Comment

Working...
                                X