Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    Figure this is as good a place as any for this. I know a few of you here will be excited by this.

http://old97s.com/2012/06/25/too-far...our-announced/
    Really good show although Rhett's voice isn't quite what it used to be. Saw them at a new place in Phoenix called The Crescent Ballroom, awesome venue. And whoever is managing the band should be slapped...on a 15th anniversary tour of Too Far to Care they didn't even have copies of the album for sale, yet had copies of every other album. Apparently it'll be available in October.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Really good show although Rhett's voice isn't quite what it used to be. Saw them at a new place in Phoenix called The Crescent Ballroom, awesome venue. And whoever is managing the band should be slapped...on a 15th anniversary tour of Too Far to Care they didn't even have copies of the album for sale, yet had copies of every other album. Apparently it'll be available in October.
      Yeah, they are re-issuing the album and it's not out yet. That's pretty dumb that they have started the tour for the album and it's not available. I pre ordered my copy of the vinyl (along with the bonus vinyl album - which I think is just the second disc on the CD version). Glad it was a good show, even if Rhett's voice wasn't that great. Maybe it will get stronger as the tour goes on, but could easily get worse.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, they are re-issuing the album and it's not out yet. That's pretty dumb that they have started the tour for the album and it's not available. I pre ordered my copy of the vinyl (along with the bonus vinyl album - which I think is just the second disc on the CD version). Glad it was a good show, even if Rhett's voice wasn't that great. Maybe it will get stronger as the tour goes on, but could easily get worse.
        He's opening with a solo set as well so I'd be surprised if it gets better. The other opener, Those Darlins, were a rockin' girl band from Nashville.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          The other opener, Those Darlins, were a rockin' girl band from Nashville.
          Another poor guy trapped in the friendzone.

Comment

• I'm going to make the claim that this could be the best pop song ever recorded.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Awesome version of this classic song:

It cannot be embedded.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I'm going to make the claim that this could be the best pop song ever recorded.

That is an excellent song.

Love the Bangles version too.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Dr Dog's new album is good.

- Terence McKenna

Comment

• Finally got around to the Decemberists new CD (The King is Dead) and it is a very strong effort. Not one bad song in the bunch.
                    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Single of the year so far for me.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Listen to this song three times.

The first time focus on the incredible drumming. The second time focus on the bass. The third time get blown away by Jimi.

Comment

• THE greatest guitar song ever recorded.

Comment

• "All of our saddest songs have somewhere in them at least a glimmer of resolve. Street Spirit has no resolve. It is the dark tunnel without the light at the end. It represents all tragic emotion that is so hurtful that the sound of that melody is its only definition.
                            It drains me, and it shakes me, and hurts like hell everytime I play it, looking out at thousands of people cheering and smiling, oblivious to the tragedy of its meaning, like when you're going to have your dog put down and it's wagging its tail on the way there. That's what they all look like, and it breaks my heart."

Thom Yorke, on Street Spirit (Radiohead)

Comment

• This is great happy pop music - musically it has no chorus or is all chorus too - it repeats itself

Comment

• Last night I saw a 51 year old man rock harder than any of the youts of today in their wimpy lame bands. It was pretty awesome.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                                X