No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even WITH all the autotune, Katy Perry STILL sounds like she is about to have a bowel movement every time she sings.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Hold on ... hold on ... who said anything about listening to Katy Perry? ... ah Mith ... nevermind

I'll have my eggs topless please Katy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
        C'mon folks, Katy Perry is awful.
        Damn catchy stuff..Get off of your high horse
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Hold on ... hold on ... who said anything about listening to Katy Perry? ... ah Mith ... nevermind

I'll have my eggs topless please Katy.
          My first thought after reading your post was more to this side of it..but i wanted to keep it clean
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Have you ever tried to have a conversion without trying attack someone?

I don't think you need a high horse to see crap. Catchy doesn't mean quality.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• for what it's worth, Katy Perry, Pink and Lady Gaga are the transitional music that has gotten my 9 and 11 year old off of the Disney crap
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

catchy - extremely
                crappy - yeah that too

just like Katy Perry

Comment

• Like I said, catchy does not equal quality. I expect more from my music. There is so much great music out there that you don't need to waste your time with Katy Perry.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Mith
                    Why not?
                    Katy's got some very cool tunes.
                    Originally posted by Bucky
                    C'mon folks, Katy Perry is awful.
                    Originally posted by Mith
                    Originally posted by Bucky
                    Huh? ...
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      for what it's worth, Katy Perry, Pink and Lady Gaga are the transitional music that has gotten my 9 and 11 year old off of the Disney crap
                      I like that Disney crap You guys are too harsh man..Music is made to provide enjoyment!!

Sugar-coated pop is highly enjoyable for me!!

Last edited by Mithrandir; 07-12-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Have you? You constantly criticize music you don't like as low quality. That's not attacking?

Comment

Have you? You constantly criticize music you don't like as low quality. That's not attacking?
                          I don't see it as attacking you. It's just my opinion of that particular band/artist. I'm sorry if you take that as an attack. I know I am very passionate about music and maybe that can come across as attacking, but it's not meant that way. You telling me to get off my high horse is. It's not a big offense but still an attack as it gets away from the point of debate. You tend to steer the conversation away from the main point and make it personal.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I don't see it as attacking you. It's just my opinion of that particular band/artist. I'm sorry if you take that as an attack. I know I am very passionate about music and maybe that can come across as attacking, but it's not meant that way. You telling me to get off my high horse is. It's not a big offense but still an attack as it gets away from the point of debate. You tend to steer the conversation away from the main point and make it personal.
                            You said Katy Perry is awful. To me that implies that anyone who likes her music has lousy taste in music. If you would have said something like, " I don't like Katy Perry, but if you do fine". Yours was a more subliminal attack.

Arguing about something as subjective as music is bound to lead personal attacks (perceived or real) on some level, that's just part of the discussion.

Comment

You said Katy Perry is awful. To me that implies that anyone who likes her music has lousy taste in music. If you would have said something like, " I don't like Katy Perry, but if you do fine". Yours was a more subliminal attack.

Arguing about something as subjective as music is bound to lead personal attacks (perceived or real) on some level, that's just part of the discussion.
                              I was no implying that. I don't see how anyone can like her but I do realize that everyone has different tastes in music.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• i'm gonna go on record with a prediction - whenever we get around to doing the rotojunkie hall of musical exceelence, katy perry doesn't make the cut.
                                ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

Working...
                                X