Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    My favorite Ramones song:

Have you heard this? It's not very good though.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I like.

Comment

• Always loved the mix of some punk and a great riff.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Love me some sugar pop

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Isle of Wight festival live on TV this weekend ... if anyone wants a link PM me:

Headliners:

Tom Petty
            Pearl Jam
            Bruce
            Last edited by johnnya24; 06-22-2012, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Yeah. Some new Rush.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Just to explode some heads here:

This is the most misunderstand "band" in the world ... they are really Islamic revolutionaries and jihadists.

Is it a wasted life to live in a reality that isn't in any way real?

Comment

• Not a huge Springsteen fan even as a Garden State native, but always respected his concert ethic especially - and the new collection is really growing on me.

He's playing 3 1/2 hour shows all over Europe this month with no breaks, the longest of his career - and he's age 62!

The CD plays out very bitter and arguably preachy at first, but as it moves along it becomes more of a "screw it, let's find a way to make it work anyway" vibe. That presumably might chill out those who get too caught up in artist politics, I'd hope.

The Jersey-style defiance is palbable and enjoyable...
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Not a huge Springsteen fan even as a Garden State native, but always respected his concert ethic especially - and the new collection is really growing on me.

He's playing 3 1/2 hour shows all over Europe this month with no breaks, the longest of his career - and he's age 62!

The CD plays out very bitter and arguably preachy at first, but as it moves along it becomes more of a "screw it, let's find a way to make it work anyway" vibe. That presumably might chill out those who get too caught up in artist politics, I'd hope.

The Jersey-style defiance is palbable and enjoyable...
                    Waited all evening to see PJ ... and they only played 3 fecking songs ... and two were Alive and Yellow Ledbetter which I've heard a million times. I suffered through hours of Jessie J and Professor Green to see 15 minutes of footage that I could have caught on any PJ concert on Youtube. Hopefully they show more of Springsteen tomorrow. Coverage has been pretty poor ... although to be fair, the support acts have been pretty duff.

I read that one of his shows was more than 4 hours long ... I think in Portugal ... but then the Portuguese love their rock music.

Comment

• Local Pittsburgh band, The Clarks. Saw them tonight and a most excellent concert. One of the most enjoyable shows i have ever seen.

Comment

• This is pretty epic ... the last song is the best @ 16.30 ... and you get to see Beyonce moshing.

Comment

• Now that I have satellite radio again I'm exposed to some catchy tunes that will either be big hits soon or tragically wallow in obscurity. Here's one I've been digging:

Comment

• Another one that's getting a lot of play. Plus, I saw these guys at a free music/arts festival in Pasadena last weekend and they were a lot of fun:

Comment

• Figure this is as good a place as any for this. I know a few of you here will be excited by this.

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Figure this is as good a place as any for this. I know a few of you here will be excited by this.

http://old97s.com/2012/06/25/too-far...our-announced/
                                That's one I'll drive to Phoenix for, thanks for posting.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X