Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    That's a common misconception. They actually suck. If you want pop punk listen to The Descendents, Mr T Experience, Jawbreaker.

You don't seem to have the capacity to enjoy pop music, so i understand your reaction to catchy pop tunes. It's like you can't appreciate a simple but catchy riff. Too bad for you.

I get the impression that you and others here are "afraid" to like a band or artist that's popular. Maybe it would ruin your street cred....

These three songs you posted are all good. You just seem to like more of the punk than the pop, while i prefer the pop aspect more.

As I recall you like ""Zen Arcade" more than "Warehouse", while I think Warehouse is much better than Zen.

The Offspring kick ass.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      You don't seem to have the capacity to enjoy pop music, so i understand your reaction to catchy pop tunes. It's like you can't appreciate a simple but catchy riff. Too bad for you.

I get the impression that you and others here are "afraid" to like a band or artist that's popular. Maybe it would ruin your street cred....

The Offspring kick ass.
      You really have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not sure why you feel the need to attack me when I suggest other bands that I think are better than Offspring. But I guess that's really just a character flaw in you that just isn't going to go away. I never said one thing about you, just my opinion about Offspring. For the record, I didn't like them long before you had any idea who they were. His voice sucks, they are bland and offer nothing other than trying to be catchy. It's all thrown together with poor song writing and the recent stuff has awful glossy production. They got lucky and piggy backed on the coat tails of Green Day.

Did you even listen to the songs? Without The Descendents The Offspring wouldn't exist.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

You really have no idea what you are talking about. I'm not sure why you feel the need to attack me when I suggest other bands that I think are better than Offspring. But I guess that's really just a character flaw in you that just isn't going to go away. I never said one thing about you, just my opinion about Offspring. For the record, I didn't like them long before you had any idea who they were. His voice sucks, they are bland and offer nothing other than trying to be catchy. It's all thrown together with poor song writing and the recent stuff has awful glossy production. They got lucky and piggy backed on the coat tails of Green Day.

Did you even listen to the songs? Without The Descendents The Offspring wouldn't exist.
        Did you miss my comment saying the songs you posted were good?

your previous post said: " That's a common misconception. They actually suck." This statement seems to say to me that since I like the Offspring, then my taste in music sucks. But hey you didn't attack me, right?

You're like a teenager who thinks the music they don't like sucks.

But since you said they suck, they must suck. Get over yourself "O Great Judge of Music" .
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

your previous post said: " That's a common misconception. They actually suck." This statement seems to say to me that since I like the Offspring, then my taste in music sucks. But hey you didn't attack me, right?

But since you said they suck, they must suck. Get over yourself "O Great Judge of Music" .
          I know the Offspring is a popular band to bash for those who think they have some kind of sophisticated taste in music. But I've always enjoyed the Offspring's stuff. Yeah, his voice isn't that great but I find that to be the case with a lot of punk bands, pop or not. A few years ago I saw them at the Warped Tour and thought it was pretty ballsy of them to show up considering how punk purists feel about them, but I thought they did a pretty good job and they got a decent reception from the crowd. They're not my top favorite band, but I think they usually put out a solid product and get unfairly bashed...maybe because of the subject material of their songs? Anyway, just wanted Mith to know he's not alone here lol

I wouldn't dare post anything I like in here for this reason - most of the stuff I like is probably too mainstream for this crowd and would get crucified. But I do like to listen to the selections you guys post and I did get turned on to a few bands I enjoy.

Comment

I did not see the comment where you said the songs I posted were good because you added that after I replied to your initial post. You can see the post I quoted as the first post I saw from you. But that's neither here nor there, the point of my post here is that I was not attacking you in any way for you not liking The Offspring. It was merely my opinion they suck (and then backed that up with more detail). But you were the one that had to make a personal attack as if I attacked you, which is just nonsense.

I'm glad you like those songs. I see them as pop punk, same as The Offspring, only way better. But that's me. I really am here just to help and do what I can to help people find what I think it great music.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I did not see the comment where you said the songs I posted were good because you added that after I replied to your initial post. You can see the post I quoted as the first post I saw from you. But that's neither here nor there, the point of my post here is that I was not attacking you in any way for you not liking The Offspring. It was merely my opinion they suck (and then backed that up with more detail). But you were the one that had to make a personal attack as if I attacked you, which is just nonsense.

I'm glad you like those songs. I see them as pop punk, same as The Offspring, only way better. But that's me. I really am here just to help and do what I can to help people find what I think it great music.
              If you see it as a personal attack, i apologize. But you seem to bash anything remotely pop as garbage, and i just find that silly and I wondered aloud why you do that. Your stance seems to usually be: the stuff you like is great music, but the stuff I like sucks.

Comment

• Heard this in a Bacardi commercial.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  I know the Offspring is a popular band to bash for those who think they have some kind of sophisticated taste in music. But I've always enjoyed the Offspring's stuff. Yeah, his voice isn't that great but I find that to be the case with a lot of punk bands, pop or not. A few years ago I saw them at the Warped Tour and thought it was pretty ballsy of them to show up considering how punk purists feel about them, but I thought they did a pretty good job and they got a decent reception from the crowd. They're not my top favorite band, but I think they usually put out a solid product and get unfairly bashed...maybe because of the subject material of their songs? Anyway, just wanted Mith to know he's not alone here lol

I wouldn't dare post anything I like in here for this reason - most of the stuff I like is probably too mainstream for this crowd and would get crucified. But I do like to listen to the selections you guys post and I did get turned on to a few bands I enjoy.
                  Post away Iron..you'll probably get a few who like what you do.

I love Roxette: great hooks and two really good singers...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    I think Rise Against has done a pretty good job with the pop punk thing. I got invited by some girls to go an an Offspring show once and it was really entertaining. I'm not a huge fan of their music but I had a great time.

They are playing in Pittsburgh this week. I happened to see the name in the Concert guide and thought it was a band posted in this thread.

Cool tune..

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      Heard this in a Bacardi commercial.

That is so cool. Gonna definitely check out some more of his stuff. I love swing/big band music.

Comment

• ... and now for something completely different ... when I have a lot of work to do and need to keep concentration and energy levels up, this really helps.

Comment

• WOOHOO!!!! Some new Rush for your enjoyment

Comment

• Another Canadian band with a new record coming out ... first single ...

And a classic older track from ought and 4

Comment

• This song could give you a stroke .... but in a good way ...

Comment

• Her voice is sexier than Kate Upton and with the black eyeliner she looks positively sultry. Danger Mouse has been good for her new sound too.

Comment

Working...
                                X