No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ElD, this is the title track from the new Rush album. While it's not hardcore metal, it has some thrashy, metal-like moments...and a great guitar solo. Or is Geddy's voice a deal-breaker?

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• I know it's not strictly a hip-hop tune, but close? Love this song.

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Just one more from the latest Rush. I think it's the hardest Rush have sounded in many many years. Great wah-wah solo.

Comment

• Gaelic Storm. One of my all time favorite bands. Have seen them many times at the Pittsburgh Irish Festival. High octane fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            It's actually "rocket ship" but I am glad you listened to the song. Thank you. He was an incredibly talented wonderful person and the world is worse off without him.
            Damnit ... that was one of my new favourite throw-away lyrics ... "Rocket Ship" not so much

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Damnit ... that was one of my new favourite throw-away lyrics ... "Rocket Ship" not so much
              It's still a great line as stuff is still going up said ass.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                It's still a great line as stuff is still going up said ass.
                My favourite all-time lyric misunderstanding was The Israelites by Desmond Dekker ... I thought the lyric was "The hills are alight" ... I only knew the song, not the name of the song. Was singing along to it myself at a party, when the error was embarrassing pointed out

Comment

My favourite all-time lyric misunderstanding was The Israelites by Desmond Dekker ... I thought the lyric was "The hills are alight" ... I only knew the song, not the name of the song. Was singing along to it myself at a party, when the error was embarrassing pointed out

That's pretty good.

I knew a girl that refused to admit that the lyrics in AC/DC's "You Shook My All Night Long" were "Knocking me out with those American thighs" she always said "eyes" because that was cleaner. I didn't hang out with her that much.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    So excuse me while I kiss this guy.
                    That's a pretty common one ... I've heard that a few times.

Comment

• My mom had a good one back in the day.

Mom: I like the Bee Gees, but that new song of theirs is weird.
                      Me: Which one?
                      Mom: Bald-Headed Woman. Why would a man want a bald-headed woman?
                      Me: It's More Than A Woman, Mom.
                      Mom: Oh, well that's much better.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                      "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                      "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

That's a pretty common one ... I've heard that a few times.
                        www.kissthisguy.com has so many of these. It's a pretty entertaining website.

My wife said when she was younger, she thought Hall and Oates "Maneater" was "Anteater."

Comment

• As a youngun' in the '70s, I thought "Why Can't We Be Friends?" was "I Got Breezy Pants."

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Me too. I have listened to them a bunch in recent years.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• ... and coincidentally, this is today music blog on The Guardian

WEIRD!

EDIT: couple of favourites from the comments:

"My friend used to sing "Popadom Beach" instead of Papa Don't Preach."

"
                              "Get your rock salt get your rock salt honey" Rocks Off by Primal Scream"

"
                              The classic Clash track from 1982 'Lock the Taskbar'" <--- LOL
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 07-17-2012, 07:57 PM.

Comment

• solid mashup of "where is my mind" and "in a world gone mad"

people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Working...
                                X