No announcement yet.

Exceelent Music You've Heard Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Man, I'd never heard the "inspiration" for Led Zeppelin's "The Lemon Song" before. While it is a fine song, it's amazing what LZ turned it into with all the time changes and instrumental theatrics.

Comment

• I just heard The Airborne Toxic Event on Letterman. Pretty good stuff. I am going to have to check them out.

Comment

• On a different note..I just got back from the Pittsburgh Symphony and as usual they were fantastic.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Saw 'The Black Keys' last night at MSG-- great show. Although it was the El Camino tour, they played a lot of older material. 'Arctic Monkeys' opened the show and were pretty good as well.
            Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinch View Post
              Saw 'The Black Keys' last night at MSG-- great show. Although it was the El Camino tour, they played a lot of older material. 'Arctic Monkeys' opened the show and were pretty good as well.
              I'da been in my element. haven't seen the seen the Black Keys yet ... hopefully they'll be around the festival circuit this summer ... I plan on catching a couple of sunny euro-festivals (I'm done with drizzly miserable expensive UK festivals!). Arctic Monkeys are always great live, especially with a lively audience. You can still catch them in smaller venues in the US.

Comment

• A blast from the past ... I was never a big fan, but this is a great track

Comment

• I enjoy a Supergrass song from time to time.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I thought this might be of interest to Bucky and all you old punks out there

Punk rock is ancient history here, but elsewhere disaffected young people are discovering its anarchic energy – despite the enormous risks they face from their oppressive regimes, writes John Harris

Comment

• Even if you don't like the 1970's KISS (and if you don't, well why not???) "Deuce" has such a great riff...and killer solo's from the Ace man..

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• From one of the coolest albums ever, Santana III. That's 17 year old Neal Schon playing with Carlos. He has the monster solo at 2:14 mark.

Another one from Santana III.

Comment

• "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I'da been in my element. haven't seen the seen the Black Keys yet
                            Here is where I brag that I saw the Black Keys in a 200-capacity club around 2003. (Thickfreakness was the current album.)
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Here is where I brag that I saw the Black Keys in a 200-capacity club around 2003. (Thickfreakness was the current album.)
                              My Aussie friend introduced me to them around 2008/9 ... more power to them for sticking at it. Most bands would have given up the ghost long before they hit it big.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X