• Show
Clear All

• hmm -
    which part of the idiot savant are they - I don't know

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/19/356125...from-my-fwends

Comment

• Good stuff.

Comment

• Rodrigo y Gabriela are pretty awesome ... though I haven't heard much from them for a few years ... probably just not paying attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
          Rodrigo y Gabriela are pretty awesome ... though I haven't heard much from them for a few years ... probably just not paying attention.
          I was really not paying attention. I never heard of them.

One of my wife's friends posted them on her facebook page. She shared that with me this morning. I did a search and found a bunch of their stuff. This was the closest thing I found to what she showed me.

They released 9 Dead Alive in April of this year. Touring the UK in Dec. In Boston now, not coming anywhere near Chicago.
          Last edited by Gregg; 10-26-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• I've saw them live twice. They put on a great show. This is their biggest hit, "Tamacun":

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              hmm -
              which part of the idiot savant are they - I don't know

http://www.npr.org/2014/10/19/356125...from-my-fwends
              always been a big fan of the Lips...
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• I guess this is the thread

I am as old as Vince Neil of Motley Crue, a band I never followed in part because by the time they made it....

Mrs Judge is 11 years younger, and a big fan.

she went to a North Jersey car dealership (!) today with her friend to get an autograph.

Neil signed the bottom of her Motley Crue t-shirt from the last show of theirs she attended this year with her girlfriend (and thankfully not me).

Neil lost a daughter to pediatric cancer in the 1990s and was very gracious, I am told, to an adult visitor in a wheelchair who had likely been in chemo recently (she was bald). The directive was "one signed item per customer" but Neil, I am told, waved off the "help" and spent several minutes with her while no one in line complained. He reached into his pocket and gave out a guitar pick, and the woman was thrilled.

I don't care who the celebrity is, I think it's worth publicly noting acts of human decency...
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I guess this is the thread

I am as old as Vince Neil of Motley Crue, a band I never followed in part because by the time they made it....

Mrs Judge is 11 years younger, and a big fan.

she went to a North Jersey car dealership (!) today with her friend to get an autograph.

Neil signed the bottom of her Motley Crue t-shirt from the last show of theirs she attended this year with her girlfriend (and thankfully not me).

Neil lost a daughter to pediatric cancer in the 1990s and was very gracious, I am told, to an adult visitor in a wheelchair who had likely been in chemo recently (she was bald). The directive was "one signed item per customer" but Neil, I am told, waved off the "help" and spent several minutes with her while no one in line complained. He reached into his pocket and gave out a guitar pick, and the woman was thrilled.

I don't care who the celebrity is, I think it's worth publicly noting acts of human decency...
                  I agree. Thank you for sharing this.

Comment

• A new take of an old song.

BTW: "Live From Daryl's House" is an awesome show!
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another from LFDH:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And one more:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• More Dirty Heads:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Some more Dirty Heads:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Another from Dirty Heads:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Did i mention that i'm a fan of The Dirty Heads:

Last edited by madducks; 11-06-2014, 01:47 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X