No announcement yet.

CoronaVirus Cooking.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm coronavirus cooking. Well I’ve been lucky enough to have fish a few nights. Easy recipe for Trout filets, skin on. Wrap them in aluminum foil, add a touch of oil to both sides. Squeeze 1 lemon and leave half the lemon in. Lather with half a stick of butter on both sides. Salt and pepper. 400 degrees for 15-18 minutes depending on size, until the meat falls off the skin with minimal pressure. Yum!

Comment

• What a great finish to a great story!

Thank you for posting the pictures.

Comment

• Lunch Time!

2 Johnsonville Brats on buns, raw onion, brown mustard, ketchup, side of Krunchers Potato Chips. Tall ice water. Good eatin!

Comment

• heylander--I got the fixins for that masala recipe--Gonna make it sometime soon--will let you know how it turns out...….
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• THis thread makes me jealous - where we live getting food at the store is an act of bravery and stupidity - make a list, put on mask, put on gloves
            then go through the store as quickly as possible (hope people are distancing) - no time to wander or really be too specific or price shop or scrutinize- just grab and go
            bring it home - wipe down and wash everything - let it sit in the vestibule and eventually put it away

then survey the haul and hope is lasts for a while

I wish I was hyperbolizing but I really am not

but hey I joined firstleaf and got 6 bottles of mail order wine yesterday and the first one was a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc and wasn't too bad

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              THis thread makes me jealous - where we live getting food at the store is an act of bravery and stupidity - make a list, put on mask, put on gloves
              then go through the store as quickly as possible (hope people are distancing) - no time to wander or really be too specific or price shop or scrutinize- just grab and go
              bring it home - wipe down and wash everything - let it sit in the vestibule and eventually put it away

then survey the haul and hope is lasts for a while

I wish I was hyperbolizing but I really am not

but hey I joined firstleaf and got 6 bottles of mail order wine yesterday and the first one was a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc and wasn't too bad
              Is grocery delivery available for you at all? We've had good luck with it, both homechef for a few meals a week and direct grocery delivery.

Comment

• If I catch another redfish tonight I'm going to cook my last couple up tomorrow - any suggestions? I've heard blackened is the way to go but my mother in law won't try it blackened.

Comment

• lemon, butter and garlic. Make a sour cream and dill sauce for the side. I usually use for salmon or trout but would work with just about any fish. Just sour cream, a bunch of chopped fresh dill and a little squeeze of lemon. Would make an old shoe taste good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Is grocery delivery available for you at all? We've had good luck with it, both homechef for a few meals a week and direct grocery delivery.
                    If we are lucky we score a Costco instacart occasionally but every regular supermarket instacart is always full (and I have tried every time variable in the 24 hour cycle) - we get quality stuff sometimes from a local restaurant we trust that sells groceries now

Friends are using Baldor (a restaurant supply company) and we might piggy back on - high end restaurant supplier - serious quality at a serious price - https://www.baldorfood.com/users/default/new-login

Essex County NJ has at least 1,090 deaths in a population of less than 800,00 people - UGH

Comment

• we're up the road, and "only" 413 COVID deaths out of 500,000 people so marginally better.

Boston Market is doing a $30.99 meal for 3 of a whole chicken plus 3 large sides. get a second whole chicken for $1.99. I think you can get a third for that price as well so the larger the family.... you can order and pay online, they tell you when it will be ready, and you pick it up then. not sure if they deliver like so many places around here do.

my nearest restaurant now offers four $50 meal packages. neither the customer nor the workers want extra trips, so people stock up.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• this HOF 19th-century workhorse SP continues to bring his 'A game' to Twitter well over a century later, bonus points for the British pudding reference to complete the bit:

Old Hoss Homebound
                        @OldHossRadbourn
                        Day fifty-one. I fear the darkest hour has arrived. I have been debating instagramming photographs of the food I am cooking.
                        8:22 PM · May 2, 2020

Old Hoss Homebound
                        @OldHossRadbourn
                        Alas. It appears spotted dick was a poor first choice. My account has been suspended.
                        8:25 PM · May 2, 2020
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Crawfish Boil part Deux.

Thawed out the other bag of Bugs, have the Corn, Potatoes and Sausage prepped, just waiting for my wife to get home later to put it on the stove.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I put the new (to me) weber kettle to work yesterday, doing a low & slow version of four racks of baby back ribs. Turned out mighty fine. Will take a few times to get the temps right, but it was good enough to leave zero leftovers for the four of us.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Sounds excellent--one day!

BTW, when you guys cook--do you clean as you go or all at once afterward?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Sounds excellent--one day!

BTW, when you guys cook--do you clean as you go or all at once afterward?
                                Normally clean as I go...simply because I run out of space. I use a lot of dishes/pans.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X