Tom Petty Song Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.05 First Flash of Freedom

I guess some people might put this down as being "Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers knocked unconscious for several minutes by the Jefferson Airplane (featuring special guests the Allman Brothers Band)", but I like it and think it is a badass number when performed live.

If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

8.06= American Dream Plan B

Comment

8.07 Straight Into Darkness
        9.01 Nightwatchman
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

9.02 = Saving Grace

Comment

9.03 Can't Get Her Out

Last edited by Redbirds Fan; 01-24-2018, 09:49 PM.
            If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. - Karl Popper

Comment

9.04 Scare Easy (Mudcrutch, 2008)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'll lay off the Wildflowers deep cuts in case Erik wants one...

9.05 - We Stand A Chance (Long After Dark, 1982)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Thanks, Sheep, but I'm gonna grab this one before TheGaffer inevitably does.

9.06 Century City (Damn the Torpedoes, 1979)

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

9.07 The Apartment Song, Full Moon Fever

Neat little ditty.

Comment

10.01 The Last DJ, The Last DJ

Comment

10.02 Melinda (The Live Anthology, 2009)

This was a concert favorite in the '00s, played at two of my three shows, and features some incredible piano work by Benmont Tench. Both times I saw it, Petty said it wasn't recorded yet but they were going to get around to it. If they ever did a studio version, it didn't see the light of day. Fittingly, it got an official release on The Live Anthology.

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Oh, Wildflowers, I just can't quit you...

10.03 - A Higher Place (Wildflowers, 1994)

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                          "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                          "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

10.04 All the Wrong Reasons (Into the Great Wide Open, 1991)

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I sort of hate to pick two in a row from a box set compilation of demos and oddities, but I've always loved this song. Lone Justice did a great job with it, and around here it is a staple for every bar band which features a female singer worth her salt. So what can I do except say there are oh so many...

10.5 Ways To Be Wicked

Comment

10.06 = Same Old You

Comment

Working...
                                X