The Republican National Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
    On domestic policy, yes. On foreign policy, that's dicier.
    true but I highly doubt our generals are going to attack a country for no reason.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Did you miss this quote?

He doesn't care about the other two branches. He doesn't care about the Constitution. He only cares about himself.

OK, I'm getting myself too angry. I said my piece. You can vote how you want but just please read everything in that link and ask yourself if that is the person you want in charge of our country. I don't need an answer.
      First, I already said I hate both candidates.

Second, Trump may not care about the constitution but the other branches of govt will. The quicker we get to a President Pence, the better.
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post

Second, Trump may not care about the constitution but the other branches of govt will. The quicker we get to a President Pence, the better.
        I'm out.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Unless you're gay

Comment

true but I highly doubt our generals are going to attack a country for no reason.
            He's bought the Dick Cheney mind Ray. Once elected, Trump will merely look at people and bend every single one to his nefarious will.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Do you think this may be the reason why the GOP all of a sudden is ok with Trump? They just bide their time until he does something stupid and then vote to impeach him, knowing that the Dems will surely join in. Then they've got their guy Pence in the VP seat waiting to restore their system.

Comment

Pence is a horrible asshole who's going to be happy to strip most of the hard fought gains of the last several years away. Under no circumstances should anyone think that this guy is a benign 2nd fiddle who's just going to be happy with a job and a nice house.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                  Do you think this may be the reason why the GOP all of a sudden is ok with Trump? They just bide their time until he does something stupid and then vote to impeach him, knowing that the Dems will surely join in. Then they've got their guy Pence in the VP seat waiting to restore their system.
                  I doubt Pence makes a difference in voters minds, its Clinton who is making republicans fall in line behind Trump.

Comment

One word: Grenada

Comment

I doubt Pence makes a difference in voters minds, its Clinton who is making republicans fall in line behind Trump.
                      I meant more the leadership of the GOP, not the voters. Pence is pretty blah but he'd probably fall in line with the establishment line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        One word: Grenada
                        I suppose you could throw the Sudan in there from Operation Blue Dress.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• more about the Russia/Trump connection:

The hacker who claimed to compromise the DNC swore he was Romanian, but new investigation shows he worked directly for Russia President Vladimir Putin's government in Moscow. The Daily Beast reports: The hacker who claims to have stolen emails from the Democratic National Committee and provided them...
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
                          X