Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Oprah for President in 2020?
    well, she'd have at least one endorsement ...

Originally posted by cnn
    In 1999, when the then-real estate developer was flirting with a Reform Party presidential bid, Trump told Larry King that Oprah would be his ideal VP pick.

"I love Oprah," Trump said. "Oprah would always be my first choice."

Years later, he remained hopeful.

"I'd love to have Oprah (as a running mate)," Trump told ABC News as he began his 2016 campaign for president. "I think we'd win easily, actually."

In his 2000 book, "The America We Deserve," Trump added that "elites" in America "chortled" when he said his first choice for VP would be Oprah, stating that "they just don't understand how many Americans respect and admire Oprah for her intelligence and caring."

"She has provided inspiration for millions of women to improve their lives, go back to school, learn to read, and take responsibility for themselves," he added.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Trump of 1999 is a different universe than today. For most of his life he was a democrat, and was sharp, reasonable, likeable. Today, he tows the most conservative of party lines, big money oil and billionaire banker donors, and blesses us with a substantially evident declined thought process via his 4th grader level grammar tweets. Well maybe 4th grader with anger issues. I very much doubt trump would endorse Oprah. Also, Oprah has stated many times she has no interest in running.

Comment

• The only 2020 I'm interested in seeing Oprah participate in is on ABC.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Oprah for President in 2020?
          She might run unopposed in the primaries.

At Thanksgiving they were making jokes about the lack of viable candidate candidates. Sanders, Biden, Warren are the three most often mentioned, plus Kamala Harris and Corey Booker. Yikes.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            She might run unopposed in the primaries.

At Thanksgiving they were making jokes about the lack of viable candidate candidates. Sanders, Biden, Warren are the three most often mentioned, plus Kamala Harris and Corey Booker. Yikes.

J
            makes me feel better to see that you disapprove of potential democratic candidates - we could probably add Adam Schiff to the list too as a yikes from you

as far as Oprah, she would be better off and more powerful actively campaigning for people - giving them a sticker of approval like on her book club books - seriously that would be a difference maker

Comment

• I'm 100% fine with a Booker/Harris ticket
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
              X