'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I get that this is the thrust of the anger on this issue (and on Benghazi, from what I understand.)

But, why? What advantage did Hillary Clinton gain by engaging in this behavior? This question, I believe, applies to both the email and Benghazi situations. You are saying that her actions were willful, so.....why?
    GITH summed it up well - if we take Hillary at face value, it was all about convenience.

I disagree with GITH on one point - when you fire someone for the same conduct, that's morally wrong. In other words, she's accepting there are rules in place, and she chose to ignore them and fire someone else for doing the same.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      LOL...you know those two statements are contradictory, right Brian? If HRC, essentially has 9 votes, Sanders has no leverage...

And yeah, the game has been fixed all along, just like the NBA lottery...feel better now?
      Wtf are you talking about?

If Bernie had no leverage dws would just say fuck you and give Bernie nothing. She's hoping to appease knowing the dnc and Clinton media machine will report Bernie was given almost as many chair slots as Hillary. It's a pr move to be sure, and the other slots go to dws or HRC as they're interchangeable.

So yeah his leverage bought him at least the appearance of some respect, but in the end nothing.

I'll say this right now and you can throw it back in my face.

Bernie will get the planks he wants in the platform, a prime speaking slot at the convention and a position he covets in Congress or he walks, doesn't endorse and possibly runs third party. There will be no in between.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
        Wtf are you talking about?

If Bernie had no leverage dws would just say fuck you and give Bernie nothing. She's hoping to appease knowing the dnc and Clinton media machine will report Bernie was given almost as many chair slots as Hillary. It's a pr move to be sure, and the other slots go to dws or HRC as they're interchangeable.

So yeah his leverage bought him at least the appearance of some respect, but in the end nothing.

I'll say this right now and you can throw it back in my face.

Bernie will get the planks he wants in the platform, a prime speaking slot at the convention and a position he covets in Congress or he walks, doesn't endorse and possibly runs third party. There will be no in between.
        You keep making my point for me...

In other words, it MEANS nothing, just like platform planks. How many do you recall from ANY past convention?

He'll get a prime speaking spot, because again, it costs the DNC and HRC nothing to give him that.

As far as his future in congress is concerned, he'd better watch his step pretty carefully, or he's going to be a party of one...again.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

You keep making my point for me...

In other words, it MEANS nothing, just like platform planks. How many do you recall from ANY past convention?

He'll get a prime speaking spot, because again, it costs the DNC and HRC nothing to give him that.

As far as his future in congress is concerned, he'd better watch his step pretty carefully, or he's going to be a party of one...again.
          No you're just reading into it what you want.

Yes it's a meaningless gesture in reality, because they know they control the outcome of the convention if they keep Sanders happy.

If they thought he was truly impotent, they'd give him the same dose of shit they've been handing him all primary long.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            GITH summed it up well - if we take Hillary at face value, it was all about convenience.

I disagree with GITH on one point - when you fire someone for the same conduct, that's morally wrong. In other words, she's accepting there are rules in place, and she chose to ignore them and fire someone else for doing the same.
            Was it Hillary that fired him, I don't think that was mentioned.

Comment

No you're just reading into it what you want. yes sir, just as you are...

Yes it's a meaningless gesture in reality, because they know they control the outcome of the convention if they keep Sanders happy. Yes again...

If they thought he was truly impotent, they'd give him the same dose of shit they've been handing him all primary long. Meh, I don't know about that. However, I don't believe that he'll play nice anyway, which could be to his detriment.
              I'm certainly not too impressed with the people that he picked for his committee selections...Keith Ellison is from Minnesota, and really wouldn't have much of a future if it wasn't for his overwhelmingly Dem district. Zogby is a pro-Palestinian advocate, not that there's anything wrong with that, but he's kind of hanging around the fringes. And Cornel West, a leading African American critic of president Obama. May want to check this out for a little taste of Cornel West...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I'm certainly not too impressed with the people that he picked for his committee selections...Keith Ellison is from Minnesota, and really wouldn't have much of a future if it wasn't for his overwhelmingly Dem district. Zogby is a pro-Palestinian advocate, not that there's anything wrong with that, but he's kind of hanging around the fringes. And Cornel West, a leading African American critic of president Obama. May want to check this out for a little taste of Cornel West...

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...pisrc=nl_trail
                I told him he should have gone with Wasserman, but the dude just won't listen
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...pisrc=nl_trail
                  I love the Dr.
                  If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Yeah, I guess I agree with you. I guess I'm tired of the damn emails, too. Eight investigations? Just fucking indict her or move on.
                    Agreed. Completely. Let the FBI do their job, make the call, and move on.

Comment

Was it Hillary that fired him, I don't think that was mentioned.
                      Not directly, but he was a pay grade 12 employee, so she'd have to approve it. His direct supervisor was not Hillary, though.

Comment

• Kos, that establishment tool, weighs in.

Daily Kos is a progressive news site that fights for democracy by giving our audience information and resources to win elections and impact government. Our coverage is assiduously factual, ethical, and unapologetically liberal. We amplify what we think is important, with the proper context—not just what is happening, but how it's happening and why people should care. We give you news you can do something about.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Kos, that establishment tool, weighs in.

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/5/2...air-and-square
                          Read that when it come out.

Again, nothing new and not impressed.
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I'll make one prediction... there certainly will not be a "revolution" without President Clinton's Supreme Court nomination.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                              I'll make one prediction... there certainly will not be a "revolution" without President Clinton's Supreme Court nomination.
                              Can she nominate anyone while under indictment?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Can she nominate anyone while under indictment?

Comment

Working...
                                X