'16 Democratic Nomination Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
    Well, early voted yesterday here in the Heart of Texas, so I'm good until November!

The Sanders/Clinton thing is getting out of hand. So many of the Sanders supporters (not all, GITH, but many) are relatively new to politics, and get so amped up they get into slash-and-burn mode. Their Hillary hatred has gotten so intense they refuse to realize she is the closest thing on the board to Bernie. They say silly things like "If Hillary gets the nomination, I'll just vote for Trump!" Crazy sh*t.

I don't mind saying that I cast my single, insignificant vote for Bernie. Even though I don't think he can win, I thought it was the right thing to do. I don't know how many presidential elections I have left, and I don't want to spend any of them voting for compromise candidates.
    It could be less about the ideals of who is closest to Sanders politically, and more about non-establishment candidates. I've also heard the Sanders or Trump stance, which is quite amusing, considering how diametrically opposed they are to each other.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• There are a few parallels b/w Trump and Sanders but yes I agree the Sanders supporters are getting too emotional. Sanders has widely exceeded expectations and has forced Clinton to incorporate some of his ideas into her platform. Will she follow through? Anyone's guess.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Uhhhh NO!

HRC is also a disaster.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
          Uhhhh NO!

HRC is also a disaster.
          It is mindboggling to realize that as much of a disaster as Clinton is, the GOP candidates are that much worse.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            It is mindboggling to realize that as much of a disaster as Clinton is, the GOP candidates are that much worse.
            and Bernie will probably/hopefully say the same thing if/when he drops out.....

I just hope Robert Reich ends up in either of their cabinets
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Well, early voted yesterday here in the Heart of Texas, so I'm good until November!

The Sanders/Clinton thing is getting out of hand. So many of the Sanders supporters (not all, GITH, but many) are relatively new to politics, and get so amped up they get into slash-and-burn mode. Their Hillary hatred has gotten so intense they refuse to realize she is the closest thing on the board to Bernie. They say silly things like "If Hillary gets the nomination, I'll just vote for Trump!" Crazy sh*t.

I don't mind saying that I cast my single, insignificant vote for Bernie. Even though I don't think he can win, I thought it was the right thing to do. I don't know how many presidential elections I have left, and I don't want to spend any of them voting for compromise candidates.
              Maybe they are tired of being told what they are saying is silly or childish or foolish or any of the denigrating terms people like Kohm and other HRC supporters have tossed our way upon hearing of our support for Sanders. I totally understand the Fuck You vote.

Comment

• I have seen plenty of Trump voters say Sanders is their second choice, so I am not surprised that the reverse would also be true for some Sanders voters. Those two are the only candidates addressing how the middle class has gotten screwed over the past 30 years or so. All the others are there to do the bidding of Wall Street, defense contractors, etc.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

So did I. Perhaps he can win Texas. If it comes to Hillary versus anyone, I'll vote against her. Even Cruz.

J
                  Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                    So did I. Perhaps he can win Texas. If it comes to Hillary versus anyone, I'll vote against her. Even Cruz.

J
                    Eh, we know you have been a closet Cruz man all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hodor View Post
                      Maybe they are tired of being told what they are saying is silly or childish or foolish or any of the denigrating terms people like Kohm and other HRC supporters have tossed our way upon hearing of our support for Sanders. I totally understand the Fuck You vote.
                      Hey, as you may have just read, I'm a Sanders supporter. But any argument which winds up with the conclusion "I'll vote for Trump" is just crazy.

I understand that you would not hesitate to cripple the system, even if it meant starving a bunch of grizzled old bastards like me and you. But I'm not prepared to make life even harder on the children and the handicapped and the veterans and the people truly in need. Too much pain.

Comment

• I'd really like to start hearing from Trump who his cabinet members might be, because that terrifies me as well about him
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Is it possible the Bernie could get Elizabeth Warren as VP running mate?
                          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            I'd really like to start hearing from Trump who his cabinet members might be, because that terrifies me as well about him
                            well - we could have attorney general or secretary of state Christie

Comment

Eh, we know you have been a closet Cruz man all along.
                              At gunpoint.

Truly, I dislike all of them, just Hillary most.

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              well - we could have attorney general or secretary of state Christie
                              Or attorney General Cruz. That's scary.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Interesting!

Comment

Working...
                                X