Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Bowling Thread ---- its a new season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    That damned 10 pin can be the bane of a bowlers existence.
    Except for Madducks who averages 225!!!
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

That damned 10 pin can be the bane of a bowlers existence.
      I have been terrible on 10 pins this year, but not last week as I was 3 for 3. Still sucked because I was 1 for 5 on splits.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I have been terrible on 10 pins this year, but not last week as I was 3 for 3. Still sucked because I was 1 for 5 on splits.
        I was 6-7 on 10-pins last night.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          I was 6-7 on 10-pins last night.
          That is what you have to do some nights to keep scoring. Very nice!
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

That is what you have to do some nights to keep scoring. Very nice!
            I have had more trouble making the 7-pin than the 10 pin for the last few years. I miss it on the alley and in the gutter.

Comment

I have had more trouble making the 7-pin than the 10 pin for the last few years. I miss it on the alley and in the gutter.
              I have had a bit of trouble with the 7 pin as well.

Do you throw straight at it like a 10 pin or hook it?

Comment

I hook at it - personally.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

I have had a bit of trouble with the 7 pin as well.

Do you throw straight at it like a 10 pin or hook it?
                  I tend to hook it, but am thinking I need to throw at it with more speed and less hook. Not straight, but straighter than I do.

Comment

I hook at it - personally.
                    Me too, but I think I might give up too much of the lane. I start way right and have a tendency to pull the ball into the gutter. I am starting to play with starting more in the center cutting the lane in half. Unfortunately I now sometimes miss a bit to the right. I currently have no confidence on 7 pins.

Comment

Me too, but I think I might give up too much of the lane. I start way right and have a tendency to pull the ball into the gutter. I am starting to play with starting more in the center cutting the lane in half. Unfortunately I now sometimes miss a bit to the right. I currently have no confidence on 7 pins.
                      Once you hit a certain skill level, I think making spares is an individual thing that has to be worked out on one's own. I think most Pro bowlers throw straight and hard at the 7-pin. I have never tried it that way, but may give it a shot at the 7-pin. Using a hook can put you at the mercy of the lane conditions which is what happened to me last Monday as my ball just didn't hook enough as I didn't allow for more oil on the lanes.

Comment

I found this browsing the archives of my local paper. Upper right hand corner has a blurb about my 300 game.

http://access.newspaperarchive.com/u...l=zilka&page=6

Comment

I found this browsing the archives of my local paper. Upper right hand corner has a blurb about my 300 game.

http://access.newspaperarchive.com/u...l=zilka&page=6
                          authentification failed

Comment

Still sucking...shot 550 something. We lost all 7 so now we are 0-14 for the trimester. I had 3 pocket 7-10 splits. So bad that the other team was cringing.

Comment

Three pocket 7/10's --- OUCH! What was the 5 pin doing? Was it cutting in front of the 7 or was it going backwards? When I leave the pocket 7/10 its usually on the light pocket hit where the 5 goes in front of the 7 and the 3pin kicks the 6 around the 10.

Comment

authentification failed
                                Ah bummer. I forgot it can only be accessed through the library computers. Darn.

Comment

Working...
                                X