Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Bowling Thread ---- its a new season!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I skipped bowling last night. Had a bunch of other things to do and needed a break.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Actually getting only the 10 pin in the 6-10 spare isn't really a "chop", it's a miss. It was a bad shot. Getting only the 6 pin is a "chop" because you threw a good shot, but just a fraction off (bad luck?).
      Learn something new everyday. I can tell you I have had more "true" chops than misses. So bad that my team actually cheers when I make a 6-10.

Comment

• My league night is on Thursday's so we will bowl the next 3 weeks and then have 2 weeks off due to the holidays. We had a week break for Thanksgiving of course so while most leagues end in late March early April - I think we will be going to the end of April this year.
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• 237-211-227 = 675

Pretty solid night. 4 opens which were 3 splits through the middle and a pocket 7-10. No missed spares.

Average at 208. Lots of work to do in the 2nd half as I need to average about 221 to finish the season at 215.

My team finished in 4th place for the 1st half. Top 2 teams each half make the playoffs.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Crappy last 2 weeks, 490 and 460. I keep thinking I should be bowling 570 but, as Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. At least early in the year I wasn't doing great but I would have good 9th & 10th frames in close games. I have had 5 opens in the 10th the last two weeks and we lost 2 close games. This game is as bad as golf. I was excited that the wife wanted to bowl as it gave us something to do together. Now I think I hate her. Ok, not really but this is frustrating.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
              Crappy last 2 weeks, 490 and 460. I keep thinking I should be bowling 570 but, as Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. At least early in the year I wasn't doing great but I would have good 9th & 10th frames in close games. I have had 5 opens in the 10th the last two weeks and we lost 2 close games. This game is as bad as golf. I was excited that the wife wanted to bowl as it gave us something to do together. Now I think I hate her. Ok, not really but this is frustrating.
              It's worse than golf!! At least in golf when you hit a good shot you get the results. In bowling you crush the pocket and don't get strikes!!

Comment

• Had a 651 last week. I keep forgetting to post on this until the week after when I read everyone else. I was clean thorough the first 2 games and than managed 3 opens in a row game 3 - closing out my series with a 187.

Oh what could have been.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Interesting evening last night. Game 1 picked up the 4 7 10 in the 2nd frame then proceeded to leave a pocket 7 10 and a baby split. Missing both of them to close the game 179.... If I got the ball wide to early it would over react on the back end and blow through the head. Made a small adjustment left to keep the ball inside longer and finished out 212 247 for a 638

Another night were my early bad shots really cost me a fantastic night. Besides my series, 2 of my teammates went 685 and 779. We took almost all 35 points last night - which is really amazing considering we were giving the other team over 250 pins a game in handicap. Out lowest average guy (175) was giving up 70 pins a game to the person he was bowling. That guy has a handicap of 119! We figure handicap using 20% of 220.

Now we are off until the first week of January. I glad to feel as if I have figured some things out over the last few weeks. Im averaging just over 200, so I need to avg about 220 from here out to get my season end goal.

Comment

• Today was maybe the third time I've bowled this year. My average is usually around 130, so I kinda stink. Today, I had a decent couple of games to start (130, 145) but I have a ball that doesn't hook and I use a hooking motion. So I decided midway through the second game to abandon the hook motion and just roll it straight. The 145 was one of my best games of the year, then midway through game three I was sucking it up -- I actually had two frames totaling 4 pins! Probably the worst two frames I've ever had. And then, I have no idea how it happened, I hit five consecutive strikes. I mean, I've never even had three in a row, I don't think. I finished the 10th with a spare and ended up with a 179, my highest game I can ever recall (I bowled for the first time last year after a 30-year hiatus) for a 454. Hey, it' s a [new] start!

Comment

• 209-256-217 = 682 Average at 209

A little more oil than usual so I had to throw a little easier which was fine for my elbow tendonitis.

Two opens: one was a washout and the other was a chop after I left the 2-4-5-7 (I left the 5-pin standing)

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Today was maybe the third time I've bowled this year. My average is usually around 130, so I kinda stink. Today, I had a decent couple of games to start (130, 145) but I have a ball that doesn't hook and I use a hooking motion. So I decided midway through the second game to abandon the hook motion and just roll it straight. The 145 was one of my best games of the year, then midway through game three I was sucking it up -- I actually had two frames totaling 4 pins! Probably the worst two frames I've ever had. And then, I have no idea how it happened, I hit five consecutive strikes. I mean, I've never even had three in a row, I don't think. I finished the 10th with a spare and ended up with a 179, my highest game I can ever recall (I bowled for the first time last year after a 30-year hiatus) for a 454. Hey, it' s a [new] start!
                        Nice to have your highest game ever!

Do you have any desire to join a league?

Comment

209-256-217 = 682 Average at 209

A little more oil than usual so I had to throw a little easier which was fine for my elbow tendonitis.

Two opens: one was a washout and the other was a chop after I left the 2-4-5-7 (I left the 5-pin standing)
                          Very nice. I like that nice 256 transition game.

Comment

• Last week was the first week I had three deuces. 203, 201, 225 for a 629. I usually find a way to throw a clinker in there.

I hope to continue the string tonight.

Comment

• go get it Gregg!

Comment

Nice to have your highest game ever!

Do you have any desire to join a league?
                                Nah, not yet. Maybe one day.

Comment

Working...
                                X