"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
    Some people like it when, if they have a problem, they discuss it face-to-face instead of leaving a note. I think that's Mith's main problem.
    Well that would have been the neighborly thing to do. And even more neighborly would not to have even done this at all.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Well that would have been the neighborly thing to do. And even more neighborly would not to have even done this at all.
      If it is their property, they have a right to ask you not to use their land anymore for anything, including dog walking, despite years of use by you or anyone else; and their request should be acknowledged and honored.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I just find the word trespassing correct but so impolite. And I find it funny that while the father who owned the property was alive there was no issue but as soon as his kids get the property theres a problem.

Glad you're not my neighbor
        You're probably right. As your neighbor, I'd have expected the common courtesy of you asking if it was OK to walk your dog on my property.

And Pogues is dead-on correct with his reply.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

walking dogs in strange woods does have a nice ring to it. peaceful, relaxing, maybe a meadow. I like to try to keep my goals more simple tho. for example, tonite at work I thought, you know what would be nice, having a clean toilet to throw up in. like if I had a dating profile, i'd list one of my dreams in life as "having a clean toilet to throw up in". lol

but if I was a dog my dream would probably be to be able to take a shit in the woods and not get hassled about it. going to the bathroom is probably an important event for dogs and cats. you got to pick a spot out. you got to accomplish the evacuation. clean up a little by covering it up. and then they probably brag about it afterwards a little. why else would you inspect your poop after you go?

Comment

I frequently question the reason for forcing conscious living things needing to shit, but I know it has some deep mathematical entropic reason. I mean if there is a God, I bet he doesn't have to take a shit.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              If it is their property, they have a right to ask you not to use their land anymore for anything, including dog walking, despite years of use by you or anyone else; and their request should be acknowledged and honored.
              I agree...it just reeks of yet another unfrendly person in a world full of them.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                I frequently question the reason for forcing conscious living things needing to shit, but I know it has some deep mathematical entropic reason. I mean if there is a God, I bet he doesn't have to take a shit.
                Even a God would need time to catch up on his/her reading.

Comment

I agree...it just reeks of yet another unfrendly person in a world full of them.
                  "unfriendly" just because they don't want you trespassing on their land?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                    "unfriendly" just because they don't want you trespassing on their land?
                    Yes. I guess I just don't get you guys. It is a giant empty meadow and wooded area that isn't used by anyone for anything. So yeah they are unfriendly. What am I hurting???

Comment

Yes. I guess I just don't get you guys. It is a giant empty meadow and wooded area that isn't used by anyone for anything. So yeah they are unfriendly. What am I hurting???
                      It's their property to do with what they wish...what part of that don't you get? If they wish to have you trample on their property and have your dog crap all over it, they would have said nothing. Obviously they don't like it, so they put a POLITE note in your box asking you not to continue. Would it be better if they had to put up an ugly chain link fence to keep you out? At least it's ascetically pleasing this way...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        It's their property to do with what they wish...what part of that don't you get? If they wish to have you trample on their property and have your dog crap all over it, they would have said nothing. Obviously they don't like it, so they put a POLITE note in your box asking you not to continue. Would it be better if they had to put up an ugly chain link fence to keep you out? At least it's ascetically pleasing this way...
                        As usual you guys twist it around. My only point is that a friendly person would allow me to walk there. Obviously you guys aren't the neighborly kind.

Comment

bullshit. Trespassing is not a friendly or decent way of stating their request. Come on madducks I know you're friendlier than that.
                          Of course i would be friendly about it. But, your new neighbors are not obligated to be friendly to someone they don't know.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Of course i would be friendly about it. But, your new neighbors are not obligated to be friendly to someone they don't know.
                            They're not new. The family has been in the area for decades. See post #15.
                            Last edited by Mithrandir; 10-19-2014, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Frankly, you're lucky they didn't shoot at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                                Frankly, you're lucky they didn't shoot at you.
                                Now THAT would have been unfriendly!!

Comment

Working...
                                X