"Friendly people"...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Friendly people"...

Since the site is so dead I will provide an update of some goofy ass stuff...that you all love to read

I have been walking my dogs in a meadow/wooded area that abuts my property for the last 12-13 years. All i do is walk the dog, nothing more. Two days ago i got a handwritten note in my mailbox that said the following:

"Please stop trespassing on the (name of family)'s property. There are some changes in ownership of the property taking place"

Now i can understand that they don't want me on their property for some reason(s) unknown to me, but to call it trespassing seems a bit harsh..actually it's seems like an asshole move to me. They couldn't have phrased it in a more friendly manner? or even called me or stopped by my house to tell me this?
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Easy Mith...... you are coming very close to posting stuff like I used to post.....

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
      Easy Mith...... you are coming very close to posting stuff like I used to post.....
      I dunno walking dogs in strange woods seems more nullie posts

ps maybe the are assholes, so that is how they do things - helpful hint - avoid assholes

Comment

I dunno. We own a property in Pennsylvania that we just bought from my in-laws. We go out only on weekends and vacation weeks. My in laws lived here for about 5 years, but they have left the property vacant while they put in on the market in '07. We finally bought it from them last year. The people across the street seem friendly enough and introduced themselves a few months back, and they have a beagle who they take for walks.

Part of our front yard area is fenced in, but our property line -- like all the other houses on the street -- actually extends to the street line. And the side of the property line is separated by a rock wall from the back of the next property (a church).

We were working out in the front yard when we notice the neighbor's wife take their beagle for a walk -- right on our property, right in front of our faces. We're sitting there in disbelief that she is obliviously letting her dog take a crap on our property. My wife was furious, as they have a wooded area like we do that their dog can take as many craps as he wants on, so she confronted her, despite me telling her not to.

She says, "excuse me, this is our property." And the neighbor says, "no it's not, it's the public area." My wife says, "just because this area is fenced in but that is not does not make it a "public area." It's still part of our property," and the neighbor says "well, this is how its always been."

I mean, WTF -- this is how it's always been? So you're admitting you're taking your dog to crap on our property because you don't want it on yours?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          I dunno. We own a property in Pennsylvania that we just bought from my in-laws. We go out only on weekends and vacation weeks. My in laws lived here for about 5 years, but they have left the property vacant while they put in on the market in '07. We finally bought it from them last year. The people across the street seem friendly enough and introduced themselves a few months back, and they have a beagle who they take for walks.

Part of our front yard area is fenced in, but our property line -- like all the other houses on the street -- actually extends to the street line. And the side of the property line is separated by a rock wall from the back of the next property (a church).

We were working out in the front yard when we notice the neighbor's wife take their beagle for a walk -- right on our property, right in front of our faces. We're sitting there in disbelief that she is obliviously letting her dog take a crap on our property. My wife was furious, as they have a wooded area like we do that their dog can take as many craps as he wants on, so she confronted her, despite me telling her not to.

She says, "excuse me, this is our property." And the neighbor says, "no it's not, it's the public area." My wife says, "just because this area is fenced in but that is not does not make it a "public area." It's still part of our property," and the neighbor says "well, this is how its always been."

I mean, WTF -- this is how it's always been? So you're admitting you're taking your dog to crap on our property because you don't want it on yours?
          Pick up the crap and put on their property!

The meadow area where i walk my dog is a couple of hundred acres...so my dog is crapping in the middle of nowhere

Here is the Google map view of the area where i walk so you can see it's not like i am in the middle of a neighborhood!

"I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

As a dog owner I always pick up my dog's poop when we are out for a walk. If it is on my property I might let it sit a while until I get around to it. If it isn't my property then you clean it up. No one out for a walk in a park or woods wants to find a pile of dog poop on the trail/ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker765 View Post
              As a dog owner I always pick up my dog's poop when we are out for a walk. If it is on my property I might let it sit a while until I get around to it. If it isn't my property then you clean it up. No one out for a walk in a park or woods wants to find a pile of dog poop on the trail/ground.
              Agreed. Although no one else walks where I do. In the 12-13 years I have been walking there I have yet to see someone else other than some kids riding quads.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Now i can understand that they don't want me on their property for some reason(s) unknown to me, but to call it trespassing seems a bit harsh..actually it's seems like an asshole move to me. They couldn't have phrased it in a more friendly manner? or even called me or stopped by my house to tell me this?
                Putting a note in your mailbox is their way of saying that the topic is not open for discussion or debate. I don't think the word trespassing is too harsh and they did say please. Although, they should post "no trespassing signs" to avoid confusion with a property of that size.

edit: An asshole move would have been to call the cops without giving you a warning.
                Last edited by madducks; 10-18-2014, 04:31 PM.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'd handle calmly, but I wouldn't take that crap (so to speak).

Next time I saw her, I'd ask her if she still thought it was "a public area." If she says yes, then I'd not her error and ask HER for a suggestion on what you could do to help her understand. If she still doesn't get it, ask if involving the police would be a good idea. I'd also be tempted to rent out a St. Bernard and have him "christen" this lady's lawn.

"This is how we do it now."

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Two questions here:

1 - if it's as barren as Mith says, who spotted him?

2 - perhaps since it says there's a change in ownership occurring, it may be that he note was written by a realtor, and not the owners?

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Putting a note in your mailbox is their way of saying that the topic is not open for discussion or debate. I don't think the word trespassing is too harsh and they did say please. Although, they should post "no trespassing signs" to avoid confusion with a property of that size.

edit: An asshole move would have been to call the cops without giving you a warning.
                      bullshit. Trespassing is not a friendly or decent way of stating their request. Come on madducks I know you're friendlier than that.

Comment

Two questions here:

1 - if it's as barren as Mith says, who spotted him?

2 - perhaps since it says there's a change in ownership occurring, it may be that he note was written by a realtor, and not the owners?
                        Yeah I am not sure who spotted me or put the note in the mailbox.

Comment

Lessee here...you're walking your dog on someone else's private property without permission and you get a polite request to stop and you're bitching about it?

Really?
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            Lessee here...you're walking your dog on someone else's private property without permission and you get a polite request to stop and you're bitching about it?

Really?
                            Some people like it when, if they have a problem, they discuss it face-to-face instead of leaving a note. I think that's Mith's main problem.
                            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post

Really?
                              I just find the word trespassing correct but so impolite. And I find it funny that while the father who owned the property was alive there was no issue but as soon as his kids get the property theres a problem.

Glad you're not my neighbor

Comment

Working...
                              X