2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Reagan won like 45 states, this election is nothing like that. Still basically a toss up last I checked, at least according to Nate Silver
    Point although Trump won 30 in 2016 and still lost the popular vote. My point is that a week before the 1980 election the polls were still close.

Trump is poised to win the popular vote this year which is why I consider Trump to be leading. If he sweeps the battleground states, consider what states fall next--NM, VA, MN, ME. That only gets him to 37.
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
      Point although Trump won 30 in 2016 and still lost the popular vote. My point is that a week before the 1980 election the polls were still close.

Trump is poised to win the popular vote this year which is why I consider Trump to be leading. If he sweeps the battleground states, consider what states fall next--NM, VA, MN, ME. That only gets him to 37.
      This is one of your more delusional comments, and that's saying a lot.

Comment

What is meant by "poised to win"? And based on... what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Cyber Ninjas

Comment

• 1J showing he's still a delusional clown.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Fox News lol.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The statistical dead heat of this election, aside from giving me tremendous anxiety, is also a fascinating window into the differing psychology, on average, between Ds and Rs. I've found that most Trump supporters take news of a statistical tie as a good sign that Trump will win, while many Democrats seems to be as filled with anxiety as I am about how close the polling is. Perhaps that is because, despite Trump supporter's best efforts to make it seem like if Harris wins, it would be the end of our country as we know it, deep down, most Republicans know it wouldn't be. On the other hand, many more on the left realize how high the stakes are in a second Trump term, not because we are reading any tea leaves, but because the man himself continues to clearly and frequently tell the world what he will try to do to turn our democracy into a dictatorship, including using the military to attack political rivals that he labels "enemies within." I only wish more people were not dismissive of Trump's rhetoric and previous actions. If more people took the threat he represents seriously, I believe he would be losing bigly, but a soul-crushing number of people just don't believe Trump's own words and actions.

I can't believe our country is really filled with millions of people who would support a wannabe fascist dictator. I have to believe, for my own sanity, that the majority of Trump supporters are instead imitating art, failing to heed Orwell's warning--
                “The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Whatever the case may be, I feel like I'm watching a car crash in slow motion that I want to stop, but can't.

Last edited by Sour Masher; Today, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post

Cyber Ninjas
                  And FORENSICS
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So I think a lot of people are questioning your idea that Trump will win the popular vote. What is your basis for that assertion? Inquiring minds want to know
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Trump has tightened the national polls from 2.2% on 1 October to 0.6% today, 23 October. National polls are sampling for the popular vote.

It's not a certainty but Trump is positioned to win the popular vote.

When people mention that Harris 2024 is polling 5% behind Biden 2020 this is where it shows.
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                      X