2024 Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

Her point wasn't so much about them being legitimate or not as much as that since there seemed to be no viable options given Biden's reluctance to step aside, my chicken little the sky will fall rhetoric served no purpose besides amplifying for others a sentiment that serves the agenda of Trump supporters. My frustration was such that I just needed to vent about it, and, for a long time, I really hoped what was so obvious to me would become clear to the DNC and Biden's team and he could be convinced by friends and family and trusted advisors to do what is best and step aside to allow a robust primary. But that did not happen and I don't know how it will play out now.

I really think anything is possible at this point. Despite the polls, it is possible Biden somehow still wins, if enough voters prefer a severely diminished candidate who they think will have to step down soon or the 25th amendment will be come into play, allowing for at least a capable replacement. It seems unlikely to me right now, but it is possible given just how horrible Trump is. It is also possible that despite his own massive flaws, Trump wins, because he is running against someone so diminished (I believe he is beatable by just about anyone halfway competent at this point, but even so, I think he likely beats current version Biden). And if I want to dream, I can imagine a world where both candidates are replaced by less terrible options. Though that seems unlikely in Biden's case and extremely unlikely in Trump's case, but anything is possible with guys this old.

As for my vote, my feelings about Trump are such that I have to vote against him and for his most viable opponent, even for someone I feel is egregiously unfit for office at this point in Biden. But I'm going to feel sick doing it and and I am disgusted I am in the situation to have to make such a horrible choice. I continue to be angry with the DNC and those close to Biden that decided Biden's name was good enough to run on, even if he is no longer fit for office. I guess I'm angry at voters for allowing this to happen as well, but that has to include myself since my decision to vote against a man who I think will attempt to end our democracy no matter what may be taken as condoning the decision to run a man incapable of doing the job fully and competently.
    Your wife has been gaslighting you, lol!

You won't need to sweat over voting for cryptkeeper in chief. His chances of winning before the debate were set at 35% (I think Nate Silver or one of those guys had it 65/35 in Trump's favor). Based on polling after the debate, his chances to win are now close to zero. So they'll give him the boot. He needed a blowout win in the debate, proving he might live through another term, and failed to do either.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The Democratic governors are going to have an intervention, er I mean a meeting with Joe Biden.
      Lol, it was a meeting, not an intervention apparently.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Some levity to break up the horror--Josh Johnson's ability to put out quality content on a daily basis is remarkable. His comedic take on the debate is must watch stuff. It is exactly how I felt and he puts it better than I ever could.

Comment

• I guess the "Sleepy Joe" nickname is accurate.

President Joe Biden told Democratic governors during a meeting at the White House on Wednesday that part of his plan going forward is to stop scheduling events after 8 p.m. so that he can get more sleep, according to sources briefed on his comments.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I can't believe this is real life. He had what his team was embarrassingly calling a "big boy press conference", and on the same day, he flubbed Zelensky's introduction, calling him Putin, and later flubbed the big boy PC, referring to "Vice President Trump" without catching himself.

Biden is somehow an even bigger narcissistic piece of shit than I thought. He's hitting all the Trump classics now. Claims that polling still shows he's the best candidate.

Poll dropped yesterday showing 85% of all voters think Biden is too old. It's decided, it's done. It's Joever.

I'm guessing he drops out by around Wednesday, but he seems to be a glutton for punishment.

I heard a comforting rule of public relations, that if anybody claims they refuse to step down from a position due to controversy, after they've denied stepping down 4 times, the die is cast. They're done. Makes sense to me, I can't think of a case that defies the rule.

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Both parties should be embarrassed that these are the best candidates that they can give us.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This should get the attention of the DNC:

Democratic donors plan to withhold around $90 million to a pro-Biden super PAC, Future Forward, the New York Times reported Friday, in the latest fallout resulting from concerns about Biden’s reelection viability.

The pause on contributions — which include multiple eight-figure commitments, the Times’ sources said — follow a disastrous debate performance from the president last month and a growing list of Democratic officials calling for him to step aside.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I think that a huge part of the Biden cognitive decline denial is that a large part of the voting public is elderly and the feeling among them is that any admission of Biden's cognitive decline is a reflection of their entire generation. I've noticed this among my own family. My older relatives think that Biden is functioning like a perfectly normal person. Whereas my younger relatives are saying that Biden is no longer capable of handling the job and needs to be replaced. It's an age-related issue that seems to be dividing the party.
                    Last edited by madducks; 07-22-2024, 03:38 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Trump was grazed by a bullet at a rally in Pennsylvania today. An attendee was killed, as was the shooter.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Trump was grazed by a bullet at a rally in Pennsylvania today. An attendee was killed, as was the shooter.
                        I'm emphatically NOT suggesting this is a false flag assassination attempt, because it would be nuts to attempt such a thing, but you could not script a better outcome for Trump in this. He gets clipped in the ear--just a inch or so away from a bullet doing real damage or even killing him. He gets up and fist pumps with blood on his ear--it will be a lasting iconic image for him and his followers. I know his base was close to maxxed out before, but now, I can't imagine any Trump supporter sitting this one out. Biden had no chance before, but I thought any of the likely replacements could beat Trump. Right now, that looks less likely. The only hope is for the highest turn out in our nation's history, and that isn't going to happen if Biden remains the nominee.

It is a sad day for our country for many reasons.
                        Last edited by Sour Masher; 07-13-2024, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• Trump's popularity just increased. Now he will be celebrated like a war hero.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Video of the Trump shooting:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This photo will be in every Trump campaign ad now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Obviously, there was a security failure if a 20 year-old kid (recently registered Republican BTW) with a rifle could climb onto a rooftop 450 feet away.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X