No announcement yet.

Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also cynical and think this isn't remotely about Nikki Haley feeling remorseful or trying to heal a wrong that Republicans committed. It's about positioning herself ahead of whatever Trumpist candidate will challenge her (Hawley, Cruz, etc.).
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
      I'm also cynical and think this isn't remotely about Nikki Haley feeling remorseful or trying to heal a wrong that Republicans committed. It's about positioning herself ahead of whatever Trumpist candidate will challenge her (Hawley, Cruz, etc.).
      This.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        This.
        Of course this. It would be comically delusional to think this is a real and sudden epiphany for her.

But it is still good that there is a anti-Trump camp establishing within the GOP. If the entire GOP stays the party of Trump, the demise of our democracy is inevitable. It will mean that one of the two political parties in this country has embraced the ideology that it is okay to say or do anything, no matter how unethical, to get and keep power. That is what Trumpism is. It is a win at any cost attitude, and if you lose, deny and try to mobilize your side to take what others have rightly won. You guys don't see it as a win that a schism is forming in the GOP with people within breaking from that playbook? Or do you see Haley and others sticking with that playbook and just breaking with the guy who failed to follow through on it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          Of course this. It is still good that there is a anti-Trump camp establishing within the GOP. If the entire GOP stays the party of Trump, the demise of our democracy is inevitable.
          It's pretty much all political. I don't think there's much actual trump support in the GOP, just enablement to facilitate a like minded agenda and now, to avoid the wrath of the actual Trump supporters who are at least 70 million strong and given enough time to incubate, should stay strong or even grow in number.

The GOP has created the instrument of their demise.

Unless Biden/Harris completely screws the pooch, they Left will win again in 2024.

IF the GOP is ever again relevant, it won't be visceral until 2028 or 32.

It will take military intervention to end our Democracy and that being them stepping in to end it on behalf of the Trump clan. We will have to deal with violence from the right, but after a few more incidents, you're going to see these groups/supporters--rooted out and jailed/ended.

Just my perspective.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Republicans are just absolutely aghast that anyone would even suggest that Trump incites violence. How dare they? I mean, just listen to the esteemed Ted Cruz who very recently said "Nothing he said meets the legal standard for incitement."

Imagine how embarrassing and what a total hypocrite Ted "Sir, you were correct to call my wife ugly" Cruz would be if he said the exact opposite thing in the past in an attempt. Of course, we don't need to wonder....

More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• So it's now come to light that McCarthey called Trump DURING the attack on the capitol and asked him to call his supporters off. They argued, shouted and swore at each other because Trump refused to speak to his followers. Said shit like--I guess they care more about the election results than you do--Etc.

This MotherFucker needs to go to prison.

I hope he has a stroke and spends the rest of his life drooling down his chin unable to move or communicate, shitting himself and that he lives to be 100 like that.

Cuz death is too good for him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I guess it was inevitable we'd reach the point where the entire room is laughing at the Trump lawyers. His reaction was right on brand, too. Just like the time Trump got laughed at during his speech to the UN.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Only surprise was that 7 republicans voted guilty. I thought it would top out at 3, maybe 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                    Only surprise was that 7 republicans voted guilty. I thought it would top out at 3, maybe 4.
                    One of the 10 representatives who voted to impeach was Illinois Congressman Adam Kinzinger. He was sent a 2-page registered letter signed by 12 of his family members telling him what a disappointment he was to them and to God and basically disowning him.

Last edited by madducks; 02-16-2021, 04:30 AM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anyone calling themselves a Christian and supports Trump has NO IDEA what it means to be a Christian.

I'm NOT a Christian, but I have spent quite a bit of my life studying the teachings of Jesus (still not a Christian) for reasons I'll just leave undisclosed.

Jesus would never endorse Trump, nor have anything good to say about those who do.

If you see it differently I'd LOVE an explanation on WHY Jesus would endorse Trump or those who support him.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        Anyone calling themselves a Christian and supports Trump has NO IDEA what it means to be a Christian.

I'm NOT a Christian, but I have spent quite a bit of my life studying the teachings of Jesus (still not a Christian) for reasons I'll just leave undisclosed.

Jesus would never endorse Trump, nor have anything good to say about those who do.

If you see it differently I'd LOVE an explanation on WHY Jesus would endorse Trump or those who support him.
                        Are you suggesting Jesus would endorse any candidate? If so how would we know?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                          Many candidates strongly suggest, and some come out and say, that a vote for them is a vote for Christianity and its values and a vote against is a vote against Christianity and its values. As the letter cited says, some misguided souls seem to equate a vote for Trump as a Christian vote and a vote against and a demonic one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            I think he is suggesting that Trump lives his life the opposite of what Jesus teaches and he can't imagine Jesus would endorse him.
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Jesus would be so disgusted with the greed and hypocrisy of America that there is no chance he'd ever endorse any politician here. Maybe Bernie
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X