No announcement yet.

Former Guy Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump lawyers just cast blame on Antifa for the insurrection.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Holy cow, the Teump lawyers are just brazenly lying about all sorts of things. This is one remnant of the Trump era that I just cannot get used to: the absolute firehose of nonstop prevarication in every setting with absolutely no negative consequences.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Holy cow, the Teump lawyers are just brazenly lying about all sorts of things. This is one remnant of the Trump era that I just cannot get used to: the absolute firehose of nonstop prevarication in every setting with absolutely no negative consequences.
        I don't think they actually care about anything but furthering the Trump/GOP narrative. They know the GOP won't convict so this is pretty much a FU to the Dems and reasonable people everywhere.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Trump lawyers just cast blame on Antifa for the insurrection.
          It was inevitable, but Trump's lawyers have now reached the "blame Black Lives Matter" portion of their defense. It's just.....I can't even.....what the f......how could anyone poss......

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            If the GOP does not separate from tRump, they won't win an election going forward.
            And like she read my post, Haley distances herself from tRump.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Good for her. Time to see who lines up where in the party. Either she begins the exodus away from the brink of a GOP trying to enact an Orwellian dystopia, or she will be a lone voice quickly silence and the rest will get back in line on the march to their attempt to end democracy.

Comment

• Democracy? Reality.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yeah, how brave after four years of incessant attacks and racism and siding with our adversaries and alienating our allies and constant lies and nepotism and corruption that Nikki Haley is taking such a firm stance against Trump. You can go to hell in an orange handbasket, Presidential Aspirant Haley.

"We shouldn't have followed him," says Haley. No, ***you*** shouldn't have followed him. She follows up by saying she just doesn't know who Trump is anymore and, oh my stars, his behavior after Biden's victory is so appalling. Yeah, everyone who was conscious for the last four years saw this coming. No courage and no conviction from Haley and no kudos should go to her. We all knew. You just didn't care.

Comment

Yeah, how brave after four years of incessant attacks and racism and siding with our adversaries and alienating our allies and constant lies and nepotism and corruption that Nikki Haley is taking such a firm stance against Trump. You can go to hell in an orange handbasket, Presidential Aspirant Haley.

"We shouldn't have followed him," says Haley. No, ***you*** shouldn't have followed him. She follows up by saying she just doesn't know who Trump is anymore and, oh my stars, his behavior after Biden's victory is so appalling. Yeah, everyone who was conscious for the last four years saw this coming. No courage and no conviction from Haley and no kudos should go to her. We all knew. You just didn't care.
                    All true, but if voters don't have the attitude of better late than never, won't all the craven GOPers stick with never? If we ever want Trumpism to end, we have to let people leave the cult and applaud them when they do. It doesn't make them heroes or anything. But I'd rather people leave Trump and Trumpism and embrace reality than continue to insist the emperor is clothed.

ETA: I'm talking about GOP voters here. Us progressive are never supporting any GOP nominee, but I am rooting for GOP voters to embrace rather than attack Haley and for that side to put up and support candidates with at least one foot in reality and at least some semblance or respect for the institutions of this country going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      All true, but if voters don't have the attitude of better late than never, won't all the craven GOPers stick with never? If we ever want Trumpism to end, we have to let people leave the cult and applaud them when they do. It doesn't make them heroes or anything. But I'd rather people leave Trump and Trumpism and embrace reality that continue to insist the emperor is clothed.
                      Let the Trump Party destroy itself. Our country is better off without them as a viable national party.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

"We need to acknowledge he let us down."

What? He did exactly what it was obvious four years ago that he would do. Yes, he let us down. But that was no surprise. And to act like it was a surprise is either being stupid or treating the American public like we're too stupid to realize that.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          "We need to acknowledge he let us down."

What? He did exactly what it was obvious four years ago that he would do. Yes, he let us down. But that was no surprise. And to act like it was a surprise is either being stupid or treating the American public like we're too stupid to realize that.
                          As I've said before, every Republican argument in our lifetimes has been made in bad faith. This is no exception.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                            And to act like it was a surprise is either being stupid or treating the American public like we're too stupid to realize that.
                            She is talking to Republican voters. Isn't it obvious that many of them were unable or unwilling to realize who Trump was?

Comment

All true, but if voters don't have the attitude of better late than never, won't all the craven GOPers stick with never? If we ever want Trumpism to end, we have to let people leave the cult and applaud them when they do. It doesn't make them heroes or anything. But I'd rather people leave Trump and Trumpism and embrace reality than continue to insist the emperor is clothed.

ETA: I'm talking about GOP voters here. Us progressive are never supporting any GOP nominee, but I am rooting for GOP voters to embrace rather than attack Haley and for that side to put up and support candidates with at least one foot in reality and at least some semblance or respect for the institutions of this country going forward.
                              The problem is that I don't see a big rush to the exits. It's the same as you see reflected in the House and Senate votes around impeachment, it's 15 Republicans out of 261. So yes, maybe we can reclaim for sanity 2-3% of people nationally, but I don't see how that's going to stop the next Trump, or Ted Cruz, or whoever.
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

She is talking to Republican voters. Isn't it obvious that many of them were unable or unwilling to realize who Trump was?
                                And the vast, vast majority of them still are. I am sadly aware of very few people who were never Trumper Republicans who stuck with that for four years, and even fewer who have converted to never Trumpers over time. I know more who have gone the other direction. I don't think Nikki Haley speaking gently about that is going to change anyone's mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X