No announcement yet.

Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Eagle grocery stores in Western PA have also installed the plexiglass window between the cashier and the customer. Walmart instead hung some American flags above the checkout lines.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Giant Eagle grocery stores in Western PA have also installed the plexiglass window between the cashier and the customer. Walmart instead hung some American flags above the checkout lines.
      I think i will call my local groceries and let them know i wont be shopping at their establishment if they wont protect their workers and customers. It is such a failure of our government that i need to do this.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
        I think i will call my local groceries and let them know i wont be shopping at their establishment if they wont protect their workers and customers. It is such a failure of our government that i need to do this.
        Failure on the stores part as well...how hard can it be ?
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          It's just amazing that in this time, the biggest crisis in our lifetimes bar none, we're subjected to the likes of a nepotistic bozo and the MyPillow guy.
          i always said the my dildo guy. if you replace the words my pillow with my dildo in the commercials. you guys didn't think it was funny when i first said it. http://forum.rotojunkiefix.com/showt...ls-to-my-dildo

and there's like 20 different commercials. but it fits every time. no pun intended

'invite your friends for a party, i guarantee they will be satisfied with my dildo'.

'if you don't like my dildo just return it, no questions asked'

'thanks to your support you allowed my dildo to becoming the fastest growing company in america'

'every my dildo is made with passion in my home town'

'one of the things i like about my dildo is, it's the support, it gives my neck a little hug'

'sleep is one of the most important things, and my dildo will let you fall asleep after you try it'

who knew the owner of the company was such a dildo himself. i don't understand how these guys can be so smart in business but so bad at politics. he just fucked himself over.

Comment

• Another update. Last stats were from 4/2 at 12:07 AM, 2 days and about 7.5 hours ago, which is a longer time than last update. I'm going to try to do them every 3 days now:

- 278,492 cases in US, up from 216,553, a 29% increase. That's a smaller increase in a longer period of time (32%). The US now has over twice the # of cases of any other country. We project to pass 1 million cases by at least 4/10.
            - 7403 deaths in US, up from 5130, a 44% increase which is a much smaller increase than last time in a longer period of time (63%). Wyoming still is the only state that has not yet reported a death and American Samoa is the only territory w/o a case. The US mortality rate is now 2.65%, which is much higher than 2 days ago, (2.37%).
            - 1,133,492 cases worldwide, up from 936,597, a 21% increase which is about the same rate of increase as last time (20%). 1,051,853 of these are outside of mainland China, up from 855,008, a 23% increase, which is about the same rate of increase as last time (22%). There are now 5 countries that have more reported cases than China. I think the democracies are the only figures you can consider to be relatively reliable. Certainly China's are not. But I can work w only the data that I have.
            - 60,375 deaths worldwide, up from 47,292, a 28% increase in a longer period of time which is about the same rate of increase as last time (25%). 57,049 deaths are outside of China, up from 43,980, a 30% increase in a longer period of time which is about the same rate of increase as last time (27%). Mortality rates continue to rise. The world mortality rate is 5.33%, up from 5.05%. Italy's mortality rate is 12.25%, up from 11.9%, Spain's is 9.42%, up from 9.0%, France's is 7.92%, up from 7.1% and UK's is 9.45%, up from 8.0%. Germany's is still low, 1.40% but up from 1.20%.
            - 208 countries/territories/etc. have confirmed cases w suspected cases in 1 other (North Korea), up from 206. There are only 17 countries, 12 of which are island republics, that have not reported deaths: Lesotho, South Sudan, Yemen, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Comoros, Kiribati, Marshall Is., Micronesia, Nauru, Palau, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon Is., Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu. The vast majority of countries have at least 1 death, w Vietnam having the most cases w no reported deaths, 240.

World rates of increase remain about the same while the US case rate has dipped slightly.

Edit: I think it's important to note that w the # of tests greatly increasing recently, one would certainly expect that the mortality rate would be going down now. It's not. It continues to increase rather sharply.
            Last edited by rhd; 04-04-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Another video re: a source inside Wuhan indicating that China knew about the CV-19 virus early on and not only tried to cover it up but took strong actions against those who tried to inform about it:

Dr. Ai Fen is a doctor at the Wuhan Central Hospital. She was perhaps among the first doctors to discover the Wuhan virus. After speaking out against the aut...

Dr. Ai Fen has now gone missing, as have several others in China who tried to inform about the situation there. I wish they had provided a link to the article in which Dr Fen supposedly told all.

Comment

• It’s becoming more evident the depth of the Chinese government lying was worse than just about every estimate. WaPo had an article (behind paywalls) that the death toll in Wuhan was underestimated by a factor of about ten.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  It’s becoming more evident the depth of the Chinese government lying was worse than just about every estimate. WaPo had an article (behind paywalls) that the death toll in Wuhan was underestimated by a factor of about ten.
                  Probably by more than that. Several estimates I've seen is that Wuhan's actual deaths were 40-50,000. And one estimate was 190,000, which would be over 70 times the reported death toll.

Edit: And to support that last statement, here's a video that says China has ordered 100-200,000 body bags from Taiwan:
                  ⭕️ Support the China news you can't find anywhere else. Say NO! to censorship. Join our new independent platform: EPOCHTV?http://epochtv.com/chinainfocusAs ...
                  Last edited by rhd; 04-04-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• all commissioners of major sports leagues are going on a conference call with Trump in 10 minutes.

what could go wrong?

btw NCAA is NOT on the call - because after all, that's just a bunch of students engaging in a little extracurricular activity as a way of blowing off steam between classes. ok, occasionally other students and alumni - up to 100,000 of them at at time - do stop by to enjoy the pastime.

best guess I've seen: Trump calls on all sports to resume on July 4 (including NFL training camps).

so much fireworks. so much winning. so much losing.

but mainly, so much winning. so much winning that we'll almost be sick of so much winning - that much winning.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• It seems too early to call one's shot about when a return to sports would be possible. This seems like his Easter shot call to me. Maybe it will be possible, within limitations, on July 4th, but we just don't know enough yet to be setting arbitrary dates for a return.

Comment

• If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Only eight states have not issued stay-at-home orders. All of them have Republican governors.

Arkansas
                          Iowa
                          Nebraska
                          North Dakota
                          South Carolina
                          South Dakota
                          Utah
                          Wyoming
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            https://twitter.com/rjfoley/status/1...718728202?s=20

Not sure how to embed from Twitter. Between the Iowa and Georgia governors, I'm at a loss to wonder how they have jobs let alone being Governors.
                            So is life going on more or less normally in Iowa ? Are restaurants and theatres open for example?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Great article, thanks

Comment

• It confirms a lot of what we know about the failures of this administration to properly identify and respond to this threat in the early going. We have finally begun taking the necessary steps now, though. It will be too late to save thousands, but I'm still anxious to see when what we are doing now will start to take effect. It has not yet. The spread is still as speedy as ever. We won't know how bad this first wave will be until we are well on the other side of this peak.

Comment

Working...
                                X