Corona Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    We will likely go from a handful of cases to more than a million in under 3 months. I really hope we have a good plan when we try to get going again.
    The plan is unbelievable economic growth. Growth like you couldn’t believe. We will set all kinds of records for the highest rated economic growth.

Comment

• Not sure if this is happening elsewhere, I'd guess it probably is unfortunately

As of Monday afternoon, 2,738 New York City residents have died from ‘confirmed’ cases of COVID-19, according to the city Department of Health. That’s an average of 245 a day since the previous Monday.

But another 200 city residents are now dying at home each day, compared to 20 to 25 such deaths before the pandemic, said Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner’s office. And an untold number of them are unconfirmed.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      ---------------------------------------------
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        Odd, social distancing was to keep the hospitals from being overwhelmed, it's not going to pull the actual death toll of the virus down, unless we plan to keep up the distancing until a vaccine is ready.
        This is what I'd like to know also. Whenever we restart the economy, people are going to get sick again unless there's a cure or vaccine.
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

We will likely go from a handful of cases to more than a million in under 3 months. I really hope we have a good plan when we try to get going again.
          Trump already has a plan--we can all just take malaria drugs, whether they work or not. I'm just waiting to find out he or someone close to him has bought stock in the company that makes it.

Comment

Cant they declare a state of emergency or something ? This is madness
            Republican speaker of the house Robin Vos in Wisconsin is on camera in full PPE gear telling everyone it is “incredibly safe to go out”

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
              Republican speaker of the house Robin Vos in Wisconsin is on camera in full PPE gear telling everyone it is “incredibly safe to go out”

I could not help but notice that as I type this response, that video has 666k views, which seems appropriate. This is absurdist tragi-comedy at this point. How anyone can take anything someone like this says seriously again is beyond me.

Comment

• That clip makes him appear more unhinged than the actual full context videos, which are available here:
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                  That clip makes him appear much more unhinged than the actual full context videos, which are available here:
                  https://www.facebook.com/JournalTime...6705336386460/
                  I couldn’t find it on twitter anywhere that it wasn’t linked to FB and I despise FB now so I won’t link it. Thanks you are right his full context is better and his argument that it may not be safer in may or June holds some water but I don’t understand why they wouldn’t expand mail in voting.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                    I couldn’t find it on twitter anywhere that it wasn’t linked to FB and I despise FB now so I won’t link it. Thanks you are right his full context is better and his argument that it may not be safer in may or June holds some water but I don’t understand why they wouldn’t expand mail in voting.
                    Yeah, I'm not arguing that it was a good idea to hold the election the way they did. I honestly don't know enough about the circumstances one way or another, although it seems like mail-in voting would make a lot of sense.

Vos at least does not come off as a Trump-level loon in the full videos, and he says the reason he is garbed up like that is because it is required of poll workers for the protection of both the voters and the workers. He describes some of the other safety procedures they have in place and they seem to make sense.
                    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                      If you want to see an inspirational success story amid all the massive failures around the world in this CV-19 crisis:

The world is applauding Taiwan's Coronavirus response. The Taiwanese govt is sending 10 million masks to virus hit countries.. WION's Palki tells you how its...

Taiwan, a country of 24 mil, has only 376 cases and 5 deaths!!! Masks!
                      New Zealand is really flattening their curve and hoping to actually completely stop this thing through strict policies. It is looking good for them: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...stI?li=BBnbfcL

Comment

Not sure if this is happening elsewhere, I'd guess it probably is unfortunately

As of Monday afternoon, 2,738 New York City residents have died from ‘confirmed’ cases of COVID-19, according to the city Department of Health. That’s an average of 245 a day since the previous Monday.

But another 200 city residents are now dying at home each day, compared to 20 to 25 such deaths before the pandemic, said Aja Worthy-Davis, a spokeswoman for the medical examiner’s office. And an untold number of them are unconfirmed.
                        This is something I have wondered about. There have been reports out of Italy along similar lines.

Comment

• I will say Georgia continues to worry me. It has the 13th highest detected case rate, 9th highest death rate, and 4th worse testing rate. New cases there continue to double about every four days or so.

New cases per day, last 14 days:
                          239 (weekend)
                          360 (weekend)
                          1598 (today through 6pm)

Maybe it's just a Tuesday surge from delayed weekend reports? I don't know.

Comment

• Because--Of course.

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• This is a documentary by the journalist, Joshua Philipp, on the CV-19 pandemic and how it happened. I think this is a very important video to watch and it raises an issue that I've never thought about and havent heard anyone discuss:

?? Flash Sale!: https://ept.ms/3pLM4jb⭕️We are being censored by Big Tech. Our solution? Create our own independent platform free of censorship. Join us to...

This is a much more detailed investigation then the video I viewed before about the evidence linking the virus' spread to a lab in Wuhan (link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpQFCcSI0pU&t=343s). It jibes w this video but goes into much more detail and draws some conclusions about China's motives. Each video mentions the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the P4 Lab which is a subsidiary of the WIV, Huang Yan Ling a lab employee who is thought to have been "patient zero" for CV-19, the fact that Ms. Yan Ling has been missing for some time her info removed from the Institute's website and presumed to be dead, and Shi Zhengli the renowned research virologist who has been studying the coronavirus for many years. Also, the lab supposedly is 280 meters from the Huanan seafood market where China said the virus was first discovered. Both videos say that the virus is not of natural origin and originated in a lab. If the lab employees were exposed to the virus, it seems they could have easily infected someone at the seafood market since it was so close. Neither video explicitly says that the virus was released from the lab intentionally; it appears to have been an accident and the shorter video says that several lab employees were splashed w samples containing the virus.

Philipp's video says that China is intentionally developing biological weapons for potential use against the US. The shorter video is non-committal about this. Up until now, I've thought that China's war against us is primarily economic, political and informational in nature. If China really is doing this, is the US doing the same thing? How do you determine the winner in a battle like this? Does this become like the nuclear arms buildup w the USSR where the country w the most powerful weapons becomes the dominant superpower and it becomes unnecessary to actually use them unless the weaker country doesnt acknowledge its dominance? How do you determine who has the most powerful biological weapons? How do you ensure that your weapons dont infect your own population? By developing an effective vaccine? These are very scary questions that I havent heard anyone discuss.

I do recognize that this video does have a certain political slant to it. But regardless of whether you think that China is developing biological warfare to be used against the US, this is the 2nd video I've seen that says the virus originated in a Wuhan lab and that China attempted to cover it up for weeks, to the peril of the entire world.

Comment

• viruses escaped from labs alot more than you would think. but none have really ever infected the public. i could go back and find some examples. just scientists that are like 'oh shit', i don't know where that went. the one book, viruses more friend than foes, that author is a total expert, and even in the first few chapters, she gave some pretty alarming examples. i have other books i never read yet. one about russias biological capacity. that looked like a good book.

look at it this way, when H1N1 happened recently, a scientist got a hold of the original, virus from 1918 i think, took the virus and wanted to see how long it would take to make to naturally transmissible nowadays. i totally could have my facts wrong. but he did something and it got shut down. he took a virus and sprayed it in the nose of ferrets. it didn't actually take that long to.

Ferrets develop fatal influenza after inhaling small particle aerosols of highly pathogenic avian influenza virus A/Vietnam/1203/2004 (H5N1) https://link.springer.com/article/10...743-422X-7-231

oh it was H5N1. the point is, it's possible you can do it and make it look natural. and when you think about reports in 2017 of bats having a sars like corona virus that can use human receptors, i pointed this out in my original post, why wouldn't you go there and get it and weaponize it.

i just say it should've been prevented. but why it wasn't even tho we had that information.

i don't subscribe to conspiracy theory stuff. i'll watch the video, but if i have to choose between a unintentional mistake vs intentional, i will always choose a series of mistakes masquerading as a master plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X