Clear All

• Teenwolf
    replied
    Wall Street Journal put out a new article, titled:

Who Needs Amazon HQ2? Not New York Real Estate's Tech Boom
    Facebook, Google, Uber, and Amazon embrace Manhattan as an East Coast hub

AOC was right, it seems.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-yor...om-11562760760

Big technology companies are doubling down on New York City by adding millions of square feet in office space and creating thousands of new jobs, with few aftereffects from Amazon.com Inc. ’s nixing of a Queens headquarters.

Alphabet Inc. ’s Google last week closed a deal to lease 1.3 million square feet in lower Manhattan, part of Google’s plans to add 7,000 in staff to the city over 10 years.

Facebook Inc. is in talks to lease one million square feet of office space at 50 Hudson Yards, a skyscraper under construction on Manhattan’s far West Side, according to a person familiar with the talks. Uber Technologies Inc. and Amazon have been looking for large office space at the Farley Building, say people briefed on the matter.

New York is emerging as an East Coast hub for technology because of the size of its labor force, its extensive transportation infrastructure and the cultural and entertainment activities that come with a big city, analysts and real-estate executives said.

The city’s tech frenzy comes barely four months after Amazon stunned developers and others in the business community by canceling plans for a second-headquarters project in Long Island City, Queens. Some elected officials had criticized a government incentive package of as much as $3 billion to lure the retail giant...

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    I forget what I made on Series 7. After four years, I moved to the Actuarial department. It was a great basis for understanding investments and valuations, which helped the Actuarial work, but the actual license wasn't important any more.

J

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    I held my Series 7 for 20 years before it expired, which was a surprise to me (I worked for an RIA that didn't have a B/D for over 2 years). That sucked! I took the Series 6 in its place and got a 97 on it (and proceeded to get made fun of in the office). Now, I no longer need the Series 7 so I have no reason to take it. I'm Series 6, 63 & 65 licensed and that's all I need.

Still, study hard. I think I got a 72 on the 65 and a 70 on the nose on the 63!
    Im going to watch these videos over and over again - and take lots and lots of quizes. I find getting used to the questions they ask is extremely helpful to get back into the test taking mode. The "all of these EXCEPT, and similarly weirdly asked questions can be confusing. Taking the quizzes and getting the feedback is a good tool for me.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
    Ive held my 7, 24 and 53 for about 6 years. My new BD is making me take the 66. Oh well.... its part of the gig, so I will put my time in and get it done. Using Kaplans resources - I just noticed, I can actually watch video segments of the various chapters - which is helpful as I am a much more visual learner.
    I held my Series 7 for 20 years before it expired, which was a surprise to me (I worked for an RIA that didn't have a B/D for over 2 years). That sucked! I took the Series 6 in its place and got a 97 on it (and proceeded to get made fun of in the office). Now, I no longer need the Series 7 so I have no reason to take it. I'm Series 6, 63 & 65 licensed and that's all I need.

Still, study hard. I think I got a 72 on the 65 and a 70 on the nose on the 63!

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Originally posted by revo View Post
    Tough exam. I took them separately (63 & 65). Good luck!
    Ive held my 7, 24 and 53 for about 6 years. My new BD is making me take the 66. Oh well.... its part of the gig, so I will put my time in and get it done. Using Kaplans resources - I just noticed, I can actually watch video segments of the various chapters - which is helpful as I am a much more visual learner.

Leave a comment:

• revo
    replied
    Why thanks! Never expected to see this thread pop up.

Taking a small break from studying for my series 66....
    Tough exam. I took them separately (63 & 65). Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied

Good luck !

Leave a comment:

• baldgriff
    replied
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    good stuff

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    So are you denying that cities don’t compete with each other to stay alive or grow their tax bases?

Again - I dont believe that The Government should be determining who stays afloat (see my opinion on the Bank Buyouts).

I will go back to the question I asked you 5 times yesterday:

According to the site you posted earlier about Libertarian platform. I don’t see Libertarians saying Private Business and Government can’t bargain with each other – Government should not be in a position to compete and create laws that undercut the Private Sectors ability to compete in the Open Market.

To deny that cities and states don’t compete for businesses and people to visit or stay in their cities or states quite honestly is fool-hearty. States and Large cities spend millions in advertising to draw people and business to their locations all of the time. They do this to continue to grow their tax base.

In this transaction the Government is not competing with Private Enterprise – they are attempting to bring more private enterprise back to their City

How else will a city survive if it does not draw business to its domain? Again, I look at this as a market place transaction between a Local Government and a Business. The Local Government is competing with other Local Government for the tax revenues that will be created when some 25,000 jobs and all of the ancillary jobs that come with it are brought to the area. The Local Government is making a Bid/Offer for the jobs that Amazon states it is creating. The Local Government and Amazon are essentially entering into a business transaction. This is very much unlike what the Federal Government did to keep multiple banks afloat buy bailing them out.
    good stuff

Leave a comment:

• onejayhawk
    replied
    She appears to believe in dressing well.

J

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Does Mandy believe in Libertarianism ?

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    Are you Mandy?
    not as far as you know.

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Seitzer
    replied
    I'm standing in the hallway right now.
    Are you Mandy?

Leave a comment:

• nots
    replied
    4 minute response to my post was very impressive though, I'll give you that.
    Just happened to be scrolling thru. I am glad I impress you.

Leave a comment:

• The Feral Slasher
    replied
    4 minute response to my post was very impressive though, I'll give you that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X