That's one flip for them

For D's

Maine
      NC
      CO
      AZ
      MI
      IA

That's flipping 5 for a net of 4 which would give Democrats 51. This number really could wind up anywhere.

I am now predicting both GA races go to a runoff I don't think Ossoff or Perdue clear 50 today. If you made me pick one today I would take Ossoff. The second GA definitely goes to a runoff.

The House Democrats retain and I will go with gain 11 seats.
      I am hoping Biden pulls out Georgia and/or Florida. Despite the polls favoring Florida for Biden more than Georgia for Biden, I feel like there is a better chance of Georgia flipping, just cuz I have family in Florida and that state is crazy.

Comment

• I still say Trump and Ernst win in Iowa. If either of them would have worn a KKK hood they could have sealed the deal earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          I still say Trump and Ernst win in Iowa. If either of them would have worn a KKK hood they could have sealed the deal earlier
          Trump is saving that for his second term.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
            Trump is saving that for his second term.
            You take that back right this instant!!! "Second term" indeed.
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                It is a risky move giving that kind of authority to a young man like this, but the nimbleness I see from them floors me. I think this is gonna be a model others follow going forward.
                From PACs, you could be right. National parties...no way, IMO. If a PAC has a miss, it's not that big of a deal. If a candidate or national party has a major miss if something hasn't been properly vetted, it has the potential to be devastating.

Plus, the part being ignored is the politics and ego involved. That's realistically even bigger than the vetting issue.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Anyone else have a sense of dread, or is it just me? Reading that the betting odds surged for Dopey last night doesn’t help (Biden’s still a 60-65% fave, but still).

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Anyone else have a sense of dread, or is it just me? Reading that the betting odds surged for Dopey last night doesn’t help (Biden’s still a 60-65% fave, but still).
                    Yeah, if you ascribe to the ol money rules the world thing and see a surge like that you wonder what the oligarchs know that we don't. I'm torn, because I believe with all my heart and soul that a complete and fair count of all votes everywhere in this country will lead to a Biden victory. I'm just worried that will not happen. Trump has already said he is going to challenge everything. So far, it hasn't been a major issue, but I worry it could be. I'm hoping for a blow out so it won't matter.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      Happy voting day y'all ... and fyi, it's also world sandwich day!
                      what do you put on a world sandwich!
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Anyone else have a sense of dread, or is it just me? Reading that the betting odds surged for Dopey last night doesn’t help (Biden’s still a 60-65% fave, but still).
                        I was uneasy all weekend... like I had a work task that I had forgotten, or something was slipping away from me. I tried taking account of what all was going on at work and my home to-do list and couldn't come up with anything. In the end, it was this election. Usually once I figure out what is making me anxious, I can either plan for it, or accept that there is nothing I need to be doing for it and I relax, but that's not working with this. I feel anxious, distracted, and despondent.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Well, yeah.......

Comment

I had no idea how low Biden's leads had sunk in battleground states until I checked this morning. I would give anything under a 3 pt Biden lead to Trump, which puts Trump back in office. I hope the slim margins hold.

That said, I think betting markets are reacting more to Trump's stated attempt to steal the election by using the SC to pick and choose which votes to count moreso than a market response to polling or anything tangible.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                              I had no idea how low Biden's leads had sunk in battleground states until I checked this morning. I would give anything under a 3 pt Biden lead to Trump, which puts Trump back in office. I hope the slim margins hold.

That said, I think betting markets are reacting more to Trump's stated attempt to steal the election by using the SC to pick and choose which votes to count moreso than a market response to polling or anything tangible.
                              Where are you getting averages from? RCP is a bad source now as they are dropping highly rated polls from there average and counting the crap polls from the right. Here’s a better explanation if you want to read the whole thread...

Comment

• 538 averages of the states that absolutely matter

PA 50.2 - 45.6
                                Mi 51.2 -43.2
                                WI 52.1-43.7
                                NV 49.7-44.4
                                MN 51.8-42.7

The other states Biden can reach for, but doesn’t need to win.

AZ 48.7-46.1
                                FL 49.1-46.6
                                NC 48.9- 47.1
                                Ga 48.5-47.4

The others Trump leads in the avg.

Comment

Working...
                                X