Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    That said....
    with somethings, I'm glad I don't know what I don't know.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
      I just was legitimately confused. I didn't know if you had some weird "naked Ken" thing that I missed.

However, explaining jokes IS one of my shticks with ol' Steve. I haven't done it in a while. Maybe I'll have to resurrect.
      ah, the salad dressing has been a long time vintage draft shtick.

Comment

There are two lawsuits. The one filed in state court was denied. It's the one filed in federal court that concerns me. The judge is very pro-Trump. He has scheduled a hearing for tomorrow.
        Federal district judge has denied the Republican effort to throw out the votes in this case. Unclear if the Republicans will appeal to the Fifth Circuit.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• The judge found that the plaintiffs did not have standing and that their filing was not timely. He says that if he had found that they had standing, he would have shut down further drive-through voting (i.e., for tomorrow). Judge orders drive-through votes to remain segregated pending a likely appeal to the Fifth Circuit. I wouldn't be surprised if this issue ends up at the Supreme Court late tonight.
          "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• This is the first election in my 28 years of voting that I didn't vote for a single Republican on the ballot. If you're going to identify with a party that's against the idea of democracy itself, I can't vote for you, no matter what other attributes you may have as a candidate.

Comment

This is the first election in my 28 years of voting that I didn't vote for a single Republican on the ballot. If you're going to identify with a party that's against the idea of democracy itself, I can't vote for you, no matter what other attributes you may have as a candidate.
              I second that!
              "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
              - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
              - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

• Fairy Tale: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QGat1WxC14

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor
                  amazing creatures. no-one tells them what to do. and they really don't need us. and live by their own rules. they have their own politics though.
                  Ruthlessly kill and eat. Clearly, they're all Republicans.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• It continues to amaze me the speed and nimbleness displayed by Keith Edwards (the man behind the the viral success of the LP videos) is able to put these videos out. He picks his spots and then produces almost in real time dead on attacks. This guy should be the most sought after hired gun for any campaign going forward. In this one, he got Harrison Ford to narrate in what must have been mere hours from ask to finished project. It makes the choice clear as Trump or Fauci tomorrow:

Last edited by Sour Masher; 11-02-2020, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Here is a brief 60 minutes video on Keith Edwards. He looks like a kid. Until recently, we was a just an aide to Corey Johnson, the Democratic speaker of of the NYC council, and he said he took this gig with the soul purpose to help defeat the worst president this country has ever seen. He says he feels grateful to be able to fight back against someone who has brought the country so much pain and chaos. I would be shocked if this is his last job doing this, though.

Really impressive what this kid has done for the LP. He has been empowered to run this show, and boy has he. I think The LP and Edwards especially has changed the game. He says that most campaigns have 20 rounds of approval on a tweet while he just types them up and sends them. It is a risky move giving that kind of authority to a young man like this, but the nimbleness I see from them floors me. I think this is gonna be a model others follow going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Ruthlessly kill and eat. Clearly, they're all Republicans.
                        don't forget about grabbing other pussies.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Happy voting day y'all ... and fyi, it's also world sandwich day!
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I guess I should make some predictions.

For Trump
                              TX
                              IA
                              OH
                              FL
                              GA

For Biden

NC
                              ME-2
                              NE-2
                              AZ
                              PA
                              MI
                              WI
                              MN

312 - 226

Senate

For R's

SC
                              Alaska
                              TX
                              AL
                              MS
                              KS
                              MT

That's one flip for them

For D's

Maine
                              NC
                              CO
                              AZ
                              MI
                              IA

That's flipping 5 for a net of 4 which would give Democrats 51. This number really could wind up anywhere.

I am now predicting both GA races go to a runoff I don't think Ossoff or Perdue clear 50 today. If you made me pick one today I would take Ossoff. The second GA definitely goes to a runoff.

The House Democrats retain and I will go with gain 11 seats.

Comment

• Theme song for this evening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP5Xv7QqXiM
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X