Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Really lame. So giddy when you thought it was going well, but when it all went downhill, you disappear. Nice.

And BTW, the terms of the bet was not that you choose the avatar, I do.
    What does it matter what the Biden image is if I'm not posting?

I've been wanting to quit this place for a long time now, as the aggression, dismissiveness, and harassment towards me has increased. Regardless of whether you think my aggression or harassment has been equal or greater than that of my opponents, I can't take it anymore. At one point, I counted 3 weeks of DMT posts, 15 in total, 11 of them harassing me without me having acknowledged him in any way. He's obsessed, and I'm sick of him humping my leg. I said all of this to Sour Masher months ago in a PM.

Choose my avatar for me, and I'll switch it. But I'm not compelled to post anything beyond the copious content I've posted up to now when the only responses are from scumbag trolls. Not worth my time.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Take your ball and go home. Come back when you've matured enough to handle this place. Trying to blame me is truly pathetic.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Good run by Sanders last two elections. I'm sad he couldn't buck the Democratic powerbrokers, but you gotta play the game by the rules as they are and change em when you're in apposition to do so.

I wish Boden all the luck in the world and Please, someone keep the guy from going totally out of it before November (If Trump allows the election to happen)

This Virus has shown, that Sanders platforms are indeed a good idea and that we, as a nation, can make monumental changes when necessary and that old trope of incremental change, because change is hard--no longer resonates as true.

I hope Biden and the centrists will see this and incorporate some more progressive planks going into the general.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by nots View Post
          Hey man, don’t be soft. Time to pay the band. You lost—stuff happens. We’ve all been wrong before. Just own it.
          On a side note: I disagree with nearly every single post you have ever made in here, but I hope you don’t disappear. It’s good to hear a variety of opinions, even ones that are as wrong as yours . Take a little break but come back.
          I don't give a fuck about the bet. I'm sad for the future of the planet. I'm sad to be adopting nihilism as a guiding principle. I don't think anybody here wants to read my extreme opinions, so I'm choosing to "self-isolate", for the betterment of the rest of the group.

nots, you're a smart guy. When I went back through the 2016 election thread, you had great insights, much better record of correctness than most. It made me re-evaluate your posting on the whole. Thanks for the encouragement.

DMT, I used to respect. I even thanked him via PM once for his thoughtful posting about racism, and I used his recommendation to pick up White Fragility, which was a crucial read for me. At some point, he became a troll, and a fucking prick. I tried PM'ing again, and I was angry, but he never responded... SO MATURE! Just keeps trolling me, to this day. Now, it's not necessarily the trolling that bothers me. It's the fact that when I have extremely detailed thoughts, DMT dismisses, belittles, and changes things from arguing about the topic at hand to a personal flame war. He's not the only one.

Basically, some folks around here are capable of engaging and insightful commentary. Most are. But from what I've seen, something about ME prevents people from engaging with me (it's not YOU, it's ME), it just puts people into attack mode immediately. Well, I get exactly what I need from RJ without posting. I get to watch all the assholes, and all the personalities I like, fighting amongst each other, without having to involve myself. That's been really good for me for the last few weeks.

I'm happier lurking for now. Accept it, or banish me. But then you won't get to enjoy my Biden avatar, so just put me in the corner.
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            This Virus has shown, that Sanders platforms are indeed a good idea and that we, as a nation, can make monumental changes when necessary and that old trope of incremental change, because change is hard--no longer resonates as true.

I hope Biden and the centrists will see this and incorporate some more progressive planks going into the general.
            Agreed.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Take your ball and go home. Come back when you've matured enough to handle this place. Trying to blame me is truly pathetic.
              3 weeks. 11/15 personal attacks.

Fuck yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                3 weeks. 11/15 personal attacks.

Fuck yourself.
                So much for your self-isolation, bye Felicia!
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  Basically, some folks around here are capable of engaging and insightful commentary. Most are. But from what I've seen, something about ME prevents people from engaging with me (it's not YOU, it's ME), it just puts people into attack mode immediately. Well, I get exactly what I need from RJ without posting. I get to watch all the assholes, and all the personalities I like, fighting amongst each other, without having to involve myself. That's been really good for me for the last few weeks.
                  That's some good self analysis actually. I think you answered your own question. You noted that you think it's something about you, and then you noted that what you need from RJ is to watch people fight. If that's truly what you need and what you are looking for, then it explains what prevents people from engaging with you in a productive manner. You incite anger because that's what you are putting forth yourself, and what you are wanting to see in return. You enjoy watching a fight, so it's no surprise that a fight is what you cause.

I half expect some kind of hateful rebuke of this, but I'm not posting this in a negative light, simply as a note that I think you are exactly right here. Hopefully something you can learn from and move forward, I know all of us have ways to improve.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                    If the Dems can't win in 2020 then disband the party.
                    they can't but they won't.

Comment

Good run by Sanders last two elections. I'm sad he couldn't buck the Democratic powerbrokers, but you gotta play the game by the rules as they are and change em when you're in apposition to do so.

I wish Boden all the luck in the world and Please, someone keep the guy from going totally out of it before November (If Trump allows the election to happen)

A well stated post from a strong Bernie Sanders supporter

I too hope that more progressive planks are added to the general and think that they will.

Now please get those Bernie people out there to vote for Biden and defeat the orange menace.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        A well stated post from a strong Bernie Sanders supporter

I too hope that more progressive planks are added to the general and think that they will.

Now please get those Bernie people out there to vote for Biden and defeat the orange menace.
                        Everyone I worked with in the Calif Primary seems to be on board with Biden--they may have balked if it were Warren, but Biden seems to be someone, though not our first choice, who we can all vote for without holding our nose or sacrificing our integrity.
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                          they can't but they won't.
                          Another insightful post.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I know all of us have ways to improve.
                            I disagree
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                            ---------------------------------------------
                            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Everyone I worked with in the Calif Primary seems to be on board with Biden--they may have balked if it were Warren, but Biden seems to be someone, though not our first choice, who we can all vote for without holding our nose or sacrificing our integrity.
                              I don't think so. All anti-trumpers will vote the Democratic Party no matter what if that is the lesser of two evils. Not voting would indicate that they do not dislike Trump enough.

When faced with bad choices it seems we have an ability to quickly choose the best case even if that is not so good. Pretty sure that is how Trump won the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                                I disagree
                                Ok fine then, maybe not all, just me. I'm very disagreeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X