Election 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    I'm really having a hard time with Bloomberg. I said earlier he was better than Trump, but I'm wondering if that's true. Might he be worse because he could actually get things done? Bloomberg just seems like an awful human being--racist, sexist, arrogant, entitled, power-drunk. Yuck.
    Yes, Bloomberg would absolutely be worse than Trump. It's exactly as you say, his work ethic is stronger than Trump and would work harder to achieve much the same ends.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      So what Bernie said 40 years ago is unimportant, but what Biden said 40 years ago should have been disqualifying?
      No, what Biden said yesterday is disqualifying.

Dude said he was running for Senate, said "if you dont support me, vote for the other Biden", and name dropped working with someone in the Obama admin when that person has been dead over 20 years. This was yesterday!

You don't think all of these obvious signs of mental decline happening in one day signify anything? He doesn't know where he is or what he's saying. He's claiming being arrested in South Africa, multiple times, a demonstrable lie, said he never advocated to cut entitlements, another demonstrable lie. That's all he has left is lies and Obama nostalgia.

I'm really going to enjoy picking your Biden avatar.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm really having a hard time with Bloomberg. I said earlier he was better than Trump, but I'm wondering if that's true. Might he be worse because he could actually get things done? Bloomberg just seems like an awful human being--racist, sexist, arrogant, entitled, power-drunk. Yuck.
        I think the things he would get done would be better than the things Trump is getting done, but I'm with you. Hard to defend him. He is the candidate I really don't want to emerge.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          So what Bernie said 40 years ago is unimportant, but what Biden said 40 years ago should have been disqualifying?
          I missed where something Biden said long ago was disqualifying.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            I think the things he would get done would be better than the things Trump is getting done, but I'm with you. Hard to defend him. He is the candidate I really don't want to emerge.
            What has Trump gotten done other than artificially inflating the market?
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              What has Trump gotten done other than artificially inflating the market?
              Have you been living in a cave?
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Have you been living in a cave?
                I of course, meant in a positive way...…..

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Living in a cave has lots of positives
                  ---------------------------------------------
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He is horrible. I expect he will be exposed but will certainly fool some people who only see his commercials
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      We have to separate the Utopian ideas from the practical though, right? There's sadly a difference between what you'd have to do to get elected by an intelligent electorate, vs what you have to do to get elected by the real electorate.

Banging your head against the wall by insisting on intelligence isn't going to be productive in getting you elected.

I think you hit on a key point here - some of the individuals who you need to vote for Sanders are the same ones who voted for Trump. So demanding intellectual responses (see what I did there?) may not be reasonable.
                      I see you.(not in an Avatar way buddy)

Fist I am not expecting ANY Trump supporters to vote for Sanders, I only hope everyone who voted for HRC in the last election will do so this election as well.

As for the Utopian ideals--Yeah I know, but it's the way I choose to live--High expectations for everyone. Yes Disappointment is a visitor, but honestly--it's allowed me to live a pretty happy life. If we don't strive for the best in life, then why do we exist in the first place? And I mean the best in all things, I hope a list isn't necessary. So yes I KNOW and UNDERSTAND the differences in my expectations and what we're faced with today--but that's not going to stop me from expecting things to be done better.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I missed where something Biden said long ago was disqualifying.
                        TW said earlier in this thread that Biden’s discussion of busing — in the mid 1970s — should have disqualified him from running.

Now, stuff that was said 40 years ago is no longer important.

Comment

I see you.(not in an Avatar way buddy)
                          I honestly don't know what this means

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Fist I am not expecting ANY Trump supporters to vote for Sanders, I only hope everyone who voted for HRC in the last election will do so this election as well.
                          Ah, but I did not say supporters. I said voters. There's a big difference there. Sanders needs to pull some of the middle crowd over to the left to win. Appealing to only the intellectuals won't work.

And surely you aren't just hoping for the HRC crowd, because if so that's a vote that's already lost. You need more.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          As for the Utopian ideals--Yeah I know, but it's the way I choose to live--High expectations for everyone. Yes Disappointment is a visitor, but honestly--it's allowed me to live a pretty happy life. If we don't strive for the best in life, then why do we exist in the first place? And I mean the best in all things, I hope a list isn't necessary. So yes I KNOW and UNDERSTAND the differences in my expectations and what we're faced with today--but that's not going to stop me from expecting things to be done better.
                          But we aren't talking about how you live, we are talking about how Bernie Sanders can get elected. How you live is not related to that.

He needs to appeal to the masses, which honestly is already one of his strong points. Especially with the younger demographic. But my point is that an intellectual focused approach is not going to win this election. He needs to appeal on a broader scale.

Comment

I did not. I meant as horrible as bloomberg is, he would have less horrible policies than Trump. But it seems we all agree, we do not want bloomberg as the nominee. Might be the only thing we all agree on .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              I honestly don't know what this means

Ah, but I did not say supporters. I said voters. There's a big difference there. Sanders needs to pull some of the middle crowd over to the left to win. Appealing to only the intellectuals won't work.

And surely you aren't just hoping for the HRC crowd, because if so that's a vote that's already lost. You need more.

But we aren't talking about how you live, we are talking about how Bernie Sanders can get elected. How you live is not related to that.

He needs to appeal to the masses, which honestly is already one of his strong points. Especially with the younger demographic. But my point is that an intellectual focused approach is not going to win this election. He needs to appeal on a broader scale.
                              The movie Avatar...….

I've said it a million times, if the HRC crowd doesn't fully back whomever is Trumps opponent, they deserve 4 more years of Trump.

I see Trump Voters/supporters as one entity and am not counting on then in any way.

Sanders path to the White House is this simple--Get the Nomination--Then, Hold the Election. I believe if the Democrats vote party line he wins. They will have every vote HRC did least time PLUS all the Sanders base (which will have SOOO many more folks this time around) I don't believe he really has to do anything but be himself and we, his supporters stay the course. BTW, I think were talking past each other regarding the definition of educated people--I see Intellectuals as naturally smart AND educated people. Then there's those of avg Intel who are educated and WANT to know things. Those who are of avg Intel and willfully ignorant--do not matter in the machinations of getting Sanders elected and stupid people, well they're already voting for Trump

As for Real Life vs Getting elected--I'll maintain--Fuck how it HAS to be or IS, live life as it Should be (to paraphrase Cervantes) and that includes expectations about things you might not expect to be maleable.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I did not. I meant as horrible as bloomberg is, he would have less horrible policies than Trump. But it seems we all agree, we do not want bloomberg as the nominee. Might be the only thing we all agree on .
                                Yeah, I was surprised just how caustic Bloomberg turned out to be.

But he's done so--nothing to see here but some guy who dumped 400 million to get his ass kicked on public TV.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X