2018 Midterm Election Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part of his morning tweet parade...

"A very big part of the Anger we see today in our society is caused by the purposely false and inaccurate reporting of the Mainstream Media that I refer to as Fake News. It has gotten so bad and hateful that it is beyond description. Mainstream Media must clean up its act, FAST!

One day after multiple bombs are sent to prominent Democrats the President is blaming the media for the anger in the country. Last night, he avoided his usual bashing of individuals but went out of his way to point how well behaved he was being. He couldn't just be well behaved he wanted to point it out. Anyway, he got back to bashing the media in less than 24 hours via Twitter so good job Mr. President.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I also heard a short blurb on classic rock that the White House got one too.
      There has been a thwarted assassination attempt on the President as well as ricin-laced letters mailed to him and members of his Administration within the last week. So the specter of political terrorism certainly hasn't been uni-directional.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
        There has been a thwarted assassination attempt on the President as well as ricin-laced letters mailed to him and members of his Administration within the last week. So the specter of political terrorism certainly hasn't been uni-directional.
        Trump speaks to the deplorables on both sides.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• A comparison of political violence coming from each side.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Lou Dobbs employed at Fox Business, tweets this

Fake News- Fake Bombs. Who could possibly benefit from so much fakery? #maga#americafirst #dobbs

This is being perpetuated in a lot of right wing circles. Fly you may want us all to come together but this is BS and I am sick of playing by the old rules.

Dobbs has deleted his tweet but Here is a link to a story citing it...

Comment

• I think making assumptions about who perpetrated these bomb-sendings is ludicrous, based on what we know so far - not that right-wing radio nor MSNBC care about such a basic premise
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                I think making assumptions about who perpetrated these bomb-sendings is ludicrous, based on what we know so far - not that right-wing radio nor MSNBC care about such a basic premise
                Hear here.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  I think making assumptions about who perpetrated these bomb-sendings is ludicrous, based on what we know so far - not that right-wing radio nor MSNBC care about such a basic premise
                  I agree--we don't know who did this, and making assumptions is dangerous. Of course, how people are responding to these bomb-sendings is another matter.

Comment

• Well it took less than 2 full days for the President to go full conspiracy. Tweet just now...

Republicans are doing so well in early voting and at the polls, and now this "Bomb" stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows - news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!

I am only surprised he didn't say false flag in there. Can we be critical of him now?

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                      Well it took less than 2 full days for the President to go full conspiracy. Tweet just now...

Republicans are doing so well in early voting and at the polls, and now this "Bomb" stuff happens and the momentum greatly slows - news not talking politics. Very unfortunate, what is going on. Republicans, go out and vote!

I am only surprised he didn't say false flag in there. Can we be critical of him now?
                      Yes, we can.

Comment

Yes, we can.
                        Can't wait to hear how people defend this or try to tell us what he meant to say. This really is a new low, the President of the United States is claiming that domestic terrorism against US Citizens is fake.

Comment

• I don't recall if we've discussed the concerns around voter suppression in the Georgia governor's race between Kemp and Abrams. What do you guys think? I try very hard not to get sucked into conspiracy theories, but there's a lot of smoke here and a seemingly clear conflict of interest with Kemp's current role as Georgia Secretary of State, and I'm concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by frae View Post
                            Can't wait to hear how people defend this or try to tell us what he meant to say. This really is a new low, the President of the United States is claiming that domestic terrorism against US Citizens is fake.
                            This isn't new. One of the first things he did as Potus was redirect funds from monitoring white domestic terrorist groups, who inflict more harm on our society, to outsider terrorist groups. He sees those who commit terror in his name and the name of his ideals as his allies. The boundaries he places between him and others is clear. It isn't about nationality. It is about race, creed, and religion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Yes, as we have learned time and again, the real, honest response from Trump the individual, often oozes out of him after the official statement is read off, dutifully. Spoiler alert: it is most often an appalling backslide from the official statement.
                              I'm psychic!

Comment

I don't recall if we've discussed the concerns around voter suppression in the Georgia governor's race between Kemp and Abrams. What do you guys think? I try very hard not to get sucked into conspiracy theories, but there's a lot of smoke here and a seemingly clear conflict of interest with Kemp's current role as Georgia Secretary of State, and I'm concerned.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...sy/1640618002/
                                This sort of thing is sadly not new either. I do hope it gets enough attention that it changes in a meaningful way. I'm not optimistic.

One of the things that I think it vital for a democratic society to function at a high level is trust in the voting process. I get the selfishness and corruption of craven politicians breaking the rules to keep power. But if this isn't checked hard, it will have dire long term affects on our country. The talk in the other thread about voting is relevant here. When people don't trust their votes are fairly counted, they won't vote, which of course means the corruption does larger damage than just whatever votes don't get counted or get counted wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X